1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help learning HiJack this

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by budro, Apr 29, 2011.

1. budro

budro Regular member

I fix computers, not for a living, but on the side. I'm 18 and do a pretty good job at it. But it would be fantastic to be able to interpret an HJT log, it would make things much easier in more complex cases.

I've done some scouring on the web, but most the info about interpreting HJT logs is too scattered and inconsistent (that I've found at least).

Does anyone have a decent place to read up and learn about HJT?

Regards

B

2. aldan

aldan Active member

if you find a good site post it here.i havent.what little i know ive learned from googling every entry on the scan,reading countless forumn posts (thanks 2oldgeek).hjt you can upload your scan to trend secure.there is an option at the bottom of your hjt screen.not very helpful but its all i got.

3. budro

budro Regular member

I know what you mean, it's so scattered lol. If I find something good, I'll post here.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If there's no tut your best bet is keeping your eye on forums like malwarebytes who have a section dedicated to malware removal & hj logs,you also need to keep in mind that they don't only run HJT they use spyware scanners as well this includes "2old",also see if superantispyware has a forum apart from looking thru the AD forum & past help,you'll also need either for yourself or as a recommendation an imaging software,this will negate the need to repair & can't be infected like system restore(unless you made the image when you were infected),tho it's better to create images after reinstall & another after adding some software,then another after updating then a final after everything is installed,this is important there's no telling what update etc can cause instability all it takes is a driver or such & next thing it's crashing

easeus-free
    minitool-free

Acronis-not free
    ghost-not free tho at this point acronis is a better deal see cnet review

One more thing keep an eye on the software section here at AD,you'll come across freebies regularly

5. deltas

deltas Member