1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Lightroom to Photoshop CS3 error: Could not save because...

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by forumass, Nov 17, 2007.

1. forumass

forumass Member

Hello,

I am writing this because I have been unable to successfully work between Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS3 on my Mac G5 computer.

Whenever I open a file from within Lightroom and wish to edit changes in Photoshop, Photoshop displays the error message: Could not save because file is in use or was left open

Obviously this is not the case and I have tried just about every possible combination of solutions:

Removing and reinstalling CS3
    Removing and reinstalling Lightroom
    Resetting the Photoshop preferences to factory default
    trying various file formats, renaming conventions, etc.. from within Lightroom

The only potential solution I came across through the internet was a blog that listed a problem because CS2 was previously installed and Lightroom recognizes left over files in CS2 and this is what causes the error. So the big question is where are these hidden files on a Mac??? This could be the only problem, whereas my next step is to format my hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch.

Please get back to me as soon as anyone has any potential solution.

Thank you,

2. HAndersen

HAndersen Member

Hi.
    Sorry I can't help, but I have same problem when shooting with my Leaf camera back.
    After exporting the file to CS 2 or 3, same dialog comes up.
    So I make a "save as" with another name.

regards
    Henrik