1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help making dvd mp3s

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigboog, Dec 18, 2004.

1. bigboog

bigboog Member

I would just like to know if anybody knows how to make a dvd mp3 disk that will play in my cars dvd player. I have a pioneer 7500 dvd player. It does support dvd-r. And I use nero 6.6. any help is much appreciated.

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Nero 6.6 gives you the choice to burn either a mp3 cd or dvd.
    If you open Nero Express and click on 'one of your recorders' and choose the one with DVD in brackets at the end of it.
    A drop down list will happen and choose Music and select MP3 Disc and off you go.
    i hope I explained that enough for you, but i do it all the time and it works ok.

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

Footnote:
    I'm assuming your car DVD player can read MP3, if it doesn't then all I have said is probably in vain.

4. bigboog

bigboog Member

tried that but it didnt play in my dvd player. maybe it just don't play those type of disks. thanks.

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

No, I've also wanted to do this. It would be great to have the extra storage space of a DVD vs. a CD for mp3s, wouldn't it? Problem is, standalone DVD players expect video in DVD format (i.e., VOBs, VIDEO_TS folder, etc.) The only way I can think of getting around this is to just use the audio portion of a DVD, but then you could only fit 240 minutes and not the thousands of mp3s you'd expect on the DVD.

6. bigboog

bigboog Member

I guess well have to wait until next year for the new car audio/video stuff to come out. Until then I am going figure out a way to get it to work. I thought of that idea also. But like you said you can only fit so much and not the thousands. There has to be some way to do it.