1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help making new memorex dvd +/- r drive work

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jayhawk83, Apr 25, 2005.

1. jayhawk83

jayhawk83 Member

i recently purchased an internal memorex dvd writing drive and it worked wonderfully in my old computer, but i tried installing it in my new computer with the same software and it can read audio cd's but it cannot play or burn dvd's. it says i should update my video adapter card, which i don't know how to do but i know i have a vgasave video adapter driver. it also said something about using this dxdiag application but i was unable to click the "enable" button where i was supposed to because it was dimmed. if anyone has any advice i would appreciate it. for the record this drive worked wonders on my other computer writing and watching dvd's, but the computer it self has basically no hard drive or processing speed, hence the switch. please help me out.

2. jayhawk83

jayhawk83 Member

thank you for all the help.. i will keep working at it, but really thanks for the wonderful support and words of wisdom.

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what jumper setting is the burner set at: master, slave or cable select? what ide cable is it on: ide1 or 2