1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help making slideshow with nero express

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fourgees, Nov 28, 2004.

1. fourgees

fourgees Guest

I am using Nero Express 2 to make a dvd slideshow and the problem is that when i insert the audio file into the project then nero crashes to the task bar. The slide show plays fine without the audio but crashes with the audio. Noob here using Liteon 1633s dvd burner. Any help Plz.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

What type of audio file are you using? And how was it created?

Does this occur with only this one audio file, or any audio file?

And what is the exact version of Nero Vision Express 2 that you have?

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I do slide shows all the time with NeroVision Express and never have had a problem with the audio.
    What I usually do is just take some track off of a CD with Nero. I just make sure that it ends up as a 48 kHz .wav file. Nero likes that format very well and it sounds great.

Hi Craig!
    When are you folks going to get rid of that numbering system on your menu chapters? I'll keep bugging you until you folks at least give us the option to remove or modify it.

Why are they numbered that way in the first place:

"1. Chapter 1"
    "2. Chapter 2"
    "3. Chapter 3"
    etc.

A bit redundant I'd say

4. fourgees

fourgees Guest

I am using mp3 audio and the version of nero is 6.0. It crashes with any song. Even when i review it the audio will not play with the slideshow The song will play but not with the slideshow. I used Ulead Dvd Slideshow with the same pic and the same mp3's and the burn flawlessy , so what is up with nero?

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Fasfrank,

I have not forgotten your request, and I regularly check to see if the feature is to be added yet. :)

I would also like to see the ability to remove thumbnails and use only Text for the chapters. We've had quite a number of requests, and most are all very good suggestions.

Hi Fourgees,

As for your issue, I would need more information. Such as what is the exact version of Nero Vision that you have? How was the MP3 audio file created? Do you have this issue only with MP3 files or any audio file such as WAV, VQF, AIF, WMA, etc...

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

6. fourgees

fourgees Guest

I am using Nero version 6.3.1.11. I have tried audio tracks from cd's and downloaded mp3's. I have not tried wav , or wma audio. Will wav files or wma files play on most standard home dvd players?

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Fourgees,

First, there's a little confusion here.

You say you are trying to create a DVD Slideshow, but then you say you have Nero 6.3.1.11, which is the version of Nero Express or Nero Burning ROM.

You should be using Nero Vision Express to create a DVD Slideshow, and if 6.3.1.11 is your version of Nero, then Nero VIsion is more than likely an older version as well.

I would very highly recommend that you upgrade to our latest Nero 6.6.0.3 and Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.14 and see if this resolves your issue, and be sure to use NeroVision Express to create the DVD Slideshow.

Regards

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

8. fourgees

fourgees Guest

Yes i am using Nero Express for my DVD Slideshow and yes i have upgraded to nero 6.6 and may i say with the same results. I quess it is back to Ulead for my DVD Slideshow. I have noticed to many problems with nero in this forum with no results for members questions and troubles with Nero. To put it mildly i am using nero express to create a dvd slideshow with jpeg images and mp3's for my audio. When doing a preview the slideshow will play but with no audio and no images will appear just a nero splash screen. Then if i add images with audio and transitions then when i preview the slideshow then nero express will crash to the desk top and i have to start over. I am not a noobie to making slideshows just a noobie to NERO WICH CAME BUNDLED WITH MY lITEON DVD BURNER. Anyone have a solution or should i return nero and make my slideshow using Ulead DVD Slideshow 2.

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Fourgees,

Now you have me curious. :)

Just how are you making a DVD Slideshow with Nero Express that contains Audio? The reason I ask is twofold.

1) Nero Express does not support DVD Slideshow creation. Under DVD Options in Nero Express there is only the option for DVD-Video and this option only accepts VOB files as source. And no Audio.

2) Nero Express does support VCD and SVCD creation, and you can create a Slideshow from JPEG, TIFF, etc, but again it does not support adding Audio.

Only in Nero Vision Express can you create a DVD Slideshow, and only in Nero Vision Express can you create a DVD Slideshow, VCD Slideshow, or SVCD Slideshow that contains audio.

So you can see where the confusion comes from. :)

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Fourgees,

Now you have me curious. :)

Just how are you making a DVD Slideshow with Nero Express that contains Audio? The reason I ask is twofold.

1) Nero Express does not support DVD Slideshow creation. Under DVD Options in Nero Express there is only the option for DVD-Video and this option only accepts VOB files as source. And no Audio.

2) Nero Express does support VCD and SVCD creation, and you can create a Slideshow from JPEG, TIFF, etc, but again it does not support adding Audio.

Only in Nero Vision Express can you create a DVD Slideshow, and only in Nero Vision Express can you create a DVD Slideshow, VCD Slideshow, or SVCD Slideshow that contains audio.

So you can see where the confusion comes from. :)

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

11. fourgees

fourgees Guest

Again i am sorry for the confusion but i am using NERO VISION EXPRESS for my DVD Slideshow which does allow for audio. And yes it has the latest update's.

12. bigdm

bigdm Member

Craig,
    Could you give me feedback on my post "What to use to burn home movies and pictures to DVD disc ?" It sounds like you are well familiar with Nero package. I would like to attempt the same thing Fourgees is doing which is creating a DVD slideshow which contains video and audio. I would like to store multiple slideshows on one DVD disc which includes menus to select between slideshows. I would think that the DVD foormat would be of higher quality than VCD or SVCD.

Fourgees, Do you already have Ulead DVD Slideshow 2 or plan to get it? If you have it already tell me how it works.

BigDM

13. fourgees

fourgees Guest

Yes i have Ulead DVD Slideshow 2 and it works great and is simple to use. You can create 99 different slideshows with 99 pictures per slideshow and insert multiple mp3's with each slideshow. You can create seperate menus for each slideshow. I just bought nero and would like to use it because it has more options but it has more pc issues as you can gather by this forum. Go with Ulead you will enjoy it more. I have been unable to get audio to play with my slideshow using Nero.

14. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Fourgees,

Ok, now that I am sure you are working with the correct program, I can more clearly address the issue. :)

I know that audio is support, and I've just tested the latest version posted on our webiste to make sure its working properly, so this means we have a conflict somewhere. Either with the install of our software, conflict with another software, or missing Audio Plugins.

First, we should check to be sure the audio plugins are working properly. Are you able to create an MP3 audio file using our Nero 6 software? Just place an audio CD in your recorder, CDROM or DVDROM drive. Launch Nero Express and go to More->Save Tracks and see if you are able to extract 2 or more audio files from the audio CD to your Hard Drive in MP3 or mp3PRO format.

Does this work? If not, what is the exact error message?

IF that does work, now as a test, launch Nero Vision Express and use the MP3 audio file you created with our Nero software and see if you are able to add these audio files only, and if the Preview mode will play the source video along with the added MP3 audio file.

This will let us know two things to begin with. First, it will tell us if the Audio Plugins are loaded or references properly. Second, it will let us know if this works with MP3 files in General, but possibly just not the MP3 files you were attempting to use. Maybe due to corruption, etc...

Hi BigDM,

If you use Nero software, you should use the Nero Vision Expresss software if you wish to create a DVD-Video Disc that has both Video and Slideshows. Just launch Nero Vision Express, and seelct Make DVD->DVD-Video, and then add your video and add your slideshows.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

15. fourgees

fourgees Guest

Thanks Craig for the information and help , but i tried extracting 2 audio songs from a audio cd using Nero Express which worked. I then opened Nero Vision Express 3. I added my picture's and when i added pic i then had a pic in the preview window and i am able to preview my pic's. I then added the 2 song's that i had extracted from the audio cd which where in mp3 pro formatt and when i do this then the pic that i had in the preview window is replaced with a Nero Vision Express 3 splash screen. I then proceed to preview the compiled dvd slideshow and nothing shows up in the preview window even thou it shows to be running , but nothing is showing in the preview window. I even preview the song before adding it to my dvd slideshow and it works before adding it to it. So if my audio plugins are working what else should i check? Nero is the only DvD program that i am having trouble with making a DVD slideshow. So what is up with Nero?

16. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Fourgees,

Can you send me an email at techsupport4@nero.com with screenshots of what you are seeing when you add the MP3 file created with Nero?

Adding an MP3 file shoule not change the picture you had already added. I have not yet been able to duplicate this, and before I report this issue I need to have something solid to show our Engineers so they understand what I am trying to describe.

The only similar issue I have seen is with some audio files downloaded from MusicMatch, where you get the Cover of the Aritists audio CD that corresponds with the album that was downloaded.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

17. fourgees

fourgees Guest

Craig i have sent the screnshots that you requested and i hope that they will be of some assistance to you in trying to fiqure out my Nero software problem.

18. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Fourgees,

That did help.

I had misunderstood what you were saying. I thought the Nero Express 3 Splashscren was showing up in the 'StoryBoard' of the Slideshow window.

When this occurs, what happens when you then click on any of the pictures in the Storyboard that you have added. Do you then see the picture show up in the Preview window? And if you click on the Play button in the preivew window, does it now show the slides after the appropriate delay you set for each picture? Meaning Duration of each picture.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

19. fourgees

fourgees Guest

Craig i sent you a couple more screenshots of before and after adding images and audio. Yes i can preview the pictures in the story board and i can also preview the audio until i do the full preview then i get nothing no images or audio. Any more suggestions before i give up on Nero?

20. FNJ4LIFE

FNJ4LIFE Member

Guys,

I would like to 1st apologize for interrupting your forum. I found it doing a search on Google for "Nero slideshow not writing the audio file". I have found this forum so far useful but I'm intrigued. I bought a Memorex DVD dual layer burner about 3 days ago and I have been messing around with the "Photo Slide Show" feature in "Nero vision express". I have been having the same problem as fourgees in that my mp3 files I have are not being burned to the DVD let alone in the preview mode. I followed your advice ccampbell and ripped a track off my cd using your "Nero express". I started a new slide show with about 5 pictures and added both mp3 files, the one I had and the one I just made. I set the video to run for the same time as the audio. Now the weird thing is that only the mp3 file I just ripped plays. I tried putting the older mp3 file 1st and the new one 2nd and visa versa and I get the same thing, only the new one plays. Now I can play either file in WMP or I can even burn them to cd / dvd and play them in my dvd player. I know this isn't an answer but may shed some light or give you more info to help solve this problem.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004