1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tzobell, Jul 11, 2003.

1. tzobell

tzobell Member

Okay, i wanna burn my downloaded movies from kazza onto a cd-rw to play in my dvd player, please tell me how or/and give me some links to software that i can do this with.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Well, it seems your not too bright because what you said is the fastest way possible to get banned from the forum.

3. tzobell

tzobell Member

just tell me hoe to do it please, i am not a computer nerd like the rest of you people on the forum. And i dont know how my question would get me banned, i looked it up it the guides but it wasnt there. Or it might of, but if it was it was written in computer nerd language, and i didnt wanna go through all the topics on the forum to see if some one had the same question cause theres like 5 billion topics. Please help me!!!!!! tell me where to go, I NEED HELP!!!!!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]i need help, i am not a computer genuis like a lot of you. [/small]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You wont get banned for your statement. For all we know, you are downloading free movies and/or specific advertised licence free products. Lets keep it that way.

Anyway, Im not a computer nerd by any length of the imagination. I know a good bit about DVD Recording and players because of a part time job i had at uni. Some of the stuff will baffle me too. However, by insulting the poeple who give out free advice on this forum, isnt going to be the best way to get what you want.

I'll ignore it this time. Download a program called TMPGEnc and convert your mpeg4 movies to mpeg2 (it takes about 10 hours). Download a seperate program called TMPGEnc DVD Author and convert the mpeg2 to VOB format (Movie format) and remember to select multiplex sound. THis will take half and hour to an hour.

Burn using your fav program. for help on burning and/or cnoverting (though the converting is uploaded yet), go to http://www.chrismccann.co.uk an d click on user guides.

Chris

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sorry, i never read the question properly. You want to put it on to CDR. Nero can convert your Mpeg4 movies into VCD or SVCD to put on to CD> If your DVD player can play MVCD like mine can, then you can get it on to one CD with virtually no oss of quality fromthe mpeg4.

Chris

6. tzobell

tzobell Member

thank you soo much, sory for calling a computer nerd, i was just pissed off for that guy critiszing me about my question.

7. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Words cannot express how shocked i am with you oriphus, im sure u know that using nero to encode is the worst idea possible. geez man

tzobell, use a real encoder first like TMPGEnc.

Heres ome guides might help

Convert DivX to VCD with subtitles
    http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/divx_to_vcd.cfm

How to convert your DivX to SVCD
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=b9415f45a286b31ceabbb8cbf2410bf5&threadid=59489

8. tzobell

tzobell Member

Will the link above work. My movies are in MPEG format and the programs are for dvdx to vcd. I have no clue what i'm talkin about so please guide me in the right direction. Thx for the help_X_X_X_X_X_[small]i need help, i am not a computer genuis like a lot of you. [/small]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2003
  9. tzobell

tzobell Member

Quote-"If your DVD player can play MVCD like mine can, then you can get it on to one CD with virtually no oss of quality fromthe mpeg4."

How do u know if ur dvd player will let u play MVCD.

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Easy Cd Creator 6 lets you convert Divx to DVD (must have a DVD burner) or SVCD format for people with CDR. Its just one click of mouse and then takes about an hour for a movie. I have only done Divx to DVD without any problems. But SVCD should be as easy. This may be the best method for tzobell, due to his computer nerd comment.
    Any possible solution, there are lots of ways to do this.

11. Dela

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nero isnt so much bad as it is slow, but it is the easiest method for someone new to it. I suggest you use Nero and see what results you get. Move on to TMPGEnc when you are happier with it. I use TMPGEnc myself, but i tend to try to think like someone not familiar with the software tools, and time again, Nero is the obvious answer to the question.

Dela, i do agree with you, but i started using Nero to convert then switched to TMPGEnc at a later date. Nero was adequate for a start.

I also believe that VCD, SVCD and MVCD have been addressed in Nero 6.

Chris

13. Dela

Well TMPGEnc is VERY VERY easy, I mean come on man it has a project wizard where u can start encoding to vcd/svcd in about 5 clicks.

Before I had a DVD burner I first used to make a lot of VCD's so I can tell you that Nero just cant do it properly, upside down problems, pixelation problems, aspect ratio problems, its just not an encoder. TMPGEnc has a lot of bugs but all of which are easily fixed and it is the best IMHO for MPEG-1 VCD.

Now though I make either DVD or SVCD because both are great for quality and SVCD is far superior to VCD! :)

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No, i do agree with you. I do think TMPGEnc is very good, but i still think the Nero version is always easier for beginners. Especially this new Nero 6 when it comes out. Sure look at the problems i had with the sound and i am generally competent enough.

15. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

ive always had prblems with sync when encoding mpegs etc, not worth it IMHO, i wait till the dvd comes out :>)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2003
  16. Dela

No its not the best for a beginer, it's a lazy approach and not only that, it has lost of people tearing their hair out and coming crying to afterdawn trying to figure what they did wrong, but they did nothing wrong, nero just sucks at encoding!

17. Phantom

Phantom Member

Nero Reaks of problems when encoding and like you said Orphus is slow as mud.

Even though someone is a beginner you should give them a method that will give them less hassel.

I wonder if we should have a help page by Orphus for nero encoder users.

Orphus would be like getting five thousand messages a day just on why is it my computer locking up with nero!

Maybe that would convince Orphus he needs to get away from Nero.

18. Dela

Heyyy phantom mate, nice to see ya active on the forum!! and thnx for agreeing its better to help newbies than to give them a ticking timebomb ;-)

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Um......i think ill pass on that Nero VCD help ;-)

20. Dela

lol had a feeling you would :)