1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tzobell, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

My engish teacher from High school would be happy, so many quotes.

Why is the same confused point being argued. For encoding use an encoder, thats what their there for. For first time users, one click solutions are good as it makes then know its possible, easy, can work, and they can do it. That`s how I also feel. Then When you get the one click solution working, you start to say I would like to do X better or I wish I could Z. Then you start playing around with other programs or write your own.
    So One click lazy solutions are good, and encoders are also good. It just depends how confident or new to the Scene you are.

Thats My rant.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Prisoner man, Nero only causes problems trust me, i have made 100's of vcd's/svcd's in the past and im tellin u anytime i tried Nero, I got the weirdest playback problems. It's just not good advice to tell somebody to use something that you know can cause trouble, so I dont, and I mean on all the guides around the net, there is always an encoder used, even if nero is used to burn, almost everyone agrees Nero cant encode!

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I wasn`t recommeding Nero. I am not that big a fan either. I do like Roxio6 and think it is the easy and best (really slow) lazy one click answer.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I use Sonic Foundry Vegas 4.0 in conjunction with DVD Architect [to make DVD compliant].
    I started with Nero + SVCD plug-in but VCD is too poor quality & SVCD was only a multi-disc solution , something I wasn't willing to accept.

[bold]P.S. We're still way off thread so perhaps someone might like to start a thread titled [/bold]'ALL HAIL TMPGenc' : )

5. Dela

Its a discussion on the software used to encode an avi to vcd/svcd, i dont see how it is off topic discussing TMPGEnc as an encoder??

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

What forum is this ?

[​IMG]

7. aqsg72

aqsg72 Guest

what question was asked?

onto a cd-rw.....that would mean that this is about encoding to vcd/svcd :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2003
  8. Dela

So what, a moderator will move iot man, aint the end of the world you know, I've seen questions about p2p posted in dvd forums!!

9. Guitarist

Guitarist Member

Hey herbsman if you have something to say email me directly bill@billlonero.com

Let me hear some of your great music! I don't see you on here providing your stuff for download? You are so typical of the armchair quarterback. Easier to point and criticize then put YOUR reputation on the line.
    Don't bother me with your childish comments I don't have time.
    Bill

10. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Bravo Bill!! I aint heard your stuff yet, but i still know you're cool.

11. Dela

Thread moved for herbsman :)