1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me!!! .Avi Joining problem!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CaptainMK, Feb 3, 2005.

1. CaptainMK

CaptainMK Member

Okay i got all the programs needed to join the two avis (Virtual Dub)........ but the problem now is...... when i select the second file i get an error that say the properties are different...

it says something like

Cannot Append Segment "C:/....ext": The Video streams have differnt data formats

what should i do in this situation?

2. CaptainMK

CaptainMK Member

anyone?

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Use NeroVision Express instead. I'm assuming you want to burn this to dvd as a movie anyway, right? (Why else would you be posting in this forum?)

In NeroVision Express, when you "Make a Movie" you can "Browse for media". These can be any video media, including avi's of different properties. You can mix avi and mpeg, too. The files have to be transcoded anyway to mpeg2 (VOB) to play on your DVD, so NVE doesn't care what the original format is, so long as it can read it.

Why does the "join" work with NVE, and not with VirtualDub? NVE is changing all the input files to a common video format (VOB). VirtualDub isn't changing ("transcoding") anything, so it requires the files being joined to be in a common format.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

@ bazilla

hehehe = excellant!