1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me burn pirates of the carbribien

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xplicit15, Nov 1, 2003.

1. xplicit15

xplicit15 Member

Hey can anyone help me burn Pirates its an SVCD and it has a lot of bins and there are all in the *rar format. How do i burn it to a DVD-r to watch it on TV. Please help quick..

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Rar Files are Just Like Zip files But you need "WinRar" to extract the Files...so download and Install "WinRar" then Go to the First Rar File and right click it and go to "Extract to Here" then it will extract all of the Rar files probably to a Bin and a Cue File...You can not Burn Bin/Cue files to DVD and have them play and SVCD"s are Not a Video Format usually played on DVD...SVCD"s are Usually burnt to CD-R and Played on a DVD Player that supports SVCD..You would usually just use "Nero" to Burn the Bin/Cue files to CD-R as an Image file but if you want to Put SVCD on to DVD-R then you will Have to use a Program Like "ISO Buster" to extract the Mpeg2 file out of the Bin file.. Because SVCD"s are Not DVD Compliant most DVD Authoring Programs will Not Author and Burn SVCD to DVD-R, But one will, It is called DVD-Lab you can download a Working 30 day Demo at "http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/"....You usually have to convert the audio from the SVCD File to 48000hz for it to be DVD Compliant But since you are only putting one Movie on a DVD-R(You can fit up to 3 on a DVD-R in SVCD Format) you can Let DVD-Lab convert the audio for you, It will Convert the audio to Wav format which takes up a Lot of Disk Space but since you are putting only one Movie on a DVD-R then there should be plenty of room for Wav audio...well good Luck ,You just Might need it...Cheers