1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose a HD TV Turner please!!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by golfjam, Mar 29, 2007.

1. golfjam

golfjam Member

Hello,
    I'd like to record tv shows in my computer and need some help t about choosing a decent tv turner card. I'll hook up to my cable box which has a few HD channels. My OS is windows Vista Ultimate and want to avoid all the mess about compatibility. I'm inclined to buy an ATI TV Wonder 650 and want to hear your thoughts or suggestions.
    Many thanks in advance.

2. permatex

permatex Regular member

go to hauppauge.com and check out their supply of capture cards.win tv pvr 150 or 500 capture cards could be what you are looking for,i have had good results from the win tv pvr 150 capture card.

3. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

golfjam
    i own a hauppauge pvr500 kit. i do like it it works vvery well with my xp and mce. their tech support is not there. no follow up or email from them. i was on my own with the help of a few good AD member and alot of time.
    but overal so far i am ok with card. i still cant get a clear picture on live video but i think its my montior or grahic card ..(burns to dvd well) i dont know to much about the internals of the card put it is a hog on resorces. it could just be mce or the card or both..
    i did not get the HD model . just ask it more input is wanted