1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose the best TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bigntasty, Nov 10, 2007.

1. bigntasty

bigntasty Member

I'm looking at a couple TVs right now but I'm having trouble weighing the pros and cons of each one.

The TVs I'm looking at are:

Mitsubishi - 65" 1080p DLP HDTV
    WD-65733
    I have read this has a great picture, but many of them make a loud whinnying noise so I've basically already nixed this one.

Toshiba 65HM167
    65" 1080p DLP
    I can't seem to find the contrast ratio for this TV but it seems like a good value at 1,500. Does anyone have any experience with this TV.

Sharp Aquos 46" 1080p LCD
    LC46D64U
    I've read that this is pretty much the best LCD available for a reasonable price. Its smaller than the DLPs but I could deal with that if its going to give me a far better picture. It would as be nice to Wall Mount it.

I'll be shopping on Black Friday to get the best deals and it looks like I'll be able to get the two DLPs for 1500 or the Sharp for 1300. Where is the best place to go for reviews on these TVs, I tried avforums but they are UK based and apparently it doesn't translate well to the US.

Thanks a lot

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

There are some reviews in the "Hardware" tab at the top of the page. Just for consideration, I just bought a 47" Vizio from Costco for $1500 and it looks great with DVD's and the few HD channels that Comcast offers with it's basic package.

3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi, in the US google bfads.net (black friday advertisements) 4 an early sneak of ads from big stores and there are links for high tech goodies as what you are looking 4. Good looking and buying (I'm jealous)!

4. batdude1

batdude1 Member

OK, the Sharp LCD is a very good tv, not as expensive as many LCD's that size but still good quality. As far as getting advice, talk to experts. The best way to do that is to go to Best Buy or Circuit City, they don't make commission, so talk to them about the tv and ask what they think. As far as the black friday ads online, don't pay much attention to them. Big retailers make it really easy to get leaked ads so the quality of the info is really sketchy. Also, those sites can tell you how big the tv is and the brand and price, but not the MODEL, which makes a big difference for brands that have several lines.