1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me. Config evox.ini for dvd2xbox.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ChipMasta, Apr 14, 2006.

1. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

if u have exo x, go yo system utilities and then settings. it will list every drive and show how much room is on it.

2. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

You can see the space of the drive C and E in evox but C only has like 300mb and the E has the 3700mb I have free. So the xbox has only 5GB or where are the other 5GB?

3. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

all taken up in the other drives. but when i had my stock HD in mine, i have 5gigs fess in my c drive. so do u have stuff loaded onto ur box that taks up space. and with a stock drive ur only gunna get one game maybe 2

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Righty...Missing 5Gb...2 ish is in F:\..you need to enable it in evox settings then use an installer disk to format it...I use x-wizard or 360 hackers to do this with softmods..

dvd2xbox doesn't see C:\.. that's because it's not supposed to..only put dashboard files and trainers on C:\...nothing else ever!! and don't delete anything off it either.. unless you are totally sure what it is there for, and what it does..

Theres a download file called "evox for Dummies" that I found on some torrent site or other last week.. can't un-rar it at the moment but it explains the in's and out's of editing xml files..try and grab a copy (and save those of us who have much more pressing problems) lol

5. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

exactly, thanks for posting that up.

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@chipmasta.. My pleasure.. don't have as much time as I used to..and I know you want to use your xbox instead of spending all day here too..
    If you get stuck with anything else XML/evox drop a line in my shoutbox and I'll get back to ya.. Jan

Just for fun... there's an A:\ and B:\ drive as well along with a small MBR partition...bet you can't find 'em.. lol

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2006
  7. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

hey man, ya it wasnt me with the prob just to let u know(i did eaqrlyer but i figured it out). it was juan2320 that needed some help with the whole missing 5 gig thing. he posted in my old thread. but ya, ill try and find A and B drives.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Yeah I know you sorted it out... I was just offering an ear if you need one about any xml weirdies you may come across... have fun now wont'cha.. Jan

9. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

ya cool man. thanks

10. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

I do not have any thing in the C drive. What can I look for? I will see what can I find.

11. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

u dont have anything in c? ok something is wrong then.

12. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hold on a sec...How do you mean "can't see anything on C:\"...What are you looking with..dvd2xbox?? It isn't designed to look at C:\..If you go messing with C after all the warnings then you deserve the error 16 that will be one of your next posts...The only things that you ever need to manually put on C:\ are trainers.In the Trainers folder..dvd2xbox will NOT put trainers on an xbox..you need unleashX or avalaunch to do that...and that's only if you have a chip..If it's a softmod they go on E:\ in the dashboards folder..in a nice folder all thier own called Trainers.. next to evox.ini..you can get loads of them from http://www.maxconsole.com

dvd2xbox is for ripping games to the HDD..That's what it was made for.. If the game is too big to go on the drive then it's hard luck...You have to make a backup another way... Forget the fascination with C:\...The xbox isn't a pc..the C:\ drive boots the thing and the files on it are ESSENTIAL!!.. End of story!! (If you don't believe me then delete some files on C and see what happens, but I'm not gonna help you cure it if you do!!!)
    @chipmasta...wish you had a shoutbox...make a homepage dude...

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2006
  13. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

thanks for helping out here man. and a homepage where? here or like a myspace cause iv got that. and what exacualy r trainers? cause iv never really used them.

14. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hiya... if you click my user name you'll see what a homepage is.. lol

[​IMG]

15. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

lol, ic ic. ya ill make one tommorrow. im out for the night

16. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

The C drive dose have all the folders it need and the Trainers but I can not get them to work. What I ment was I did not put any thing in the C drive and I only see 300mb. the E has more then 4GB and the other drives have some mb. where are the 10gb?

17. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Some of the early drives are only 8.6 to start with...but you need to go into settings and enable F:\ and then format it ...that gets another 2..the rest is hidden with bootloader and Xfat tables..just like you lose some when you put xp on a pc drive...if you add up the numbers...theres 600 on C, 4.1 ish in E, X,Y,Z take up another 3..and with 2 on F that makes 10 or thereabouts...when you format F:\ just stick the emulators on it..keeps them out of the way..

There are instructions on maxconsole for using and installing the trainers..

18. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

On evox it has
    C 300mb
    E 3200mb whit some emus and 1 game
    F 0
    G 0
    X 750mb
    Y 50mb
    Z 750mb
    If I can get the 2gb you say in F it will be like 9 or 10gb.
    How do I enable F:\ in settings and format it?
    When I put the emus in F\app will the xbox see them like in E\app?
    Can they go in the X,Y,Z drives?
    Is there a app to see all the dives in the xbox?

Shattered Union is an xbox game. But I can not get it to work on a DVD-R or on the xbox HD it freezes. Do I have to patch the XBE? What do I do? Do you have it working?

19. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

to get the f drive, u can enable it in dvd2xbox

20. janrocks

janrocks Guest

First thing...those numbers are FREE space on those drives...not total size..and before you can access F: it needs formatting...dvd2xbox does not format drives...use slayers or something.. I use 360hackers installer