1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me foil a suspected scammer

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by cyclops1, Aug 21, 2015.

1. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Hi Everyone. I may be reading too much into this, but everything seems to lead me to believe that a scammer is trying to con me into losing a large amount of money. This person contacted me totally unsolicited via Yahoo Messenger and poured on what seems to be a very well scripted story about her parents were killed and there is millions of dollars in trust which she needs help recovering. She claims to be in the US Army stationed in Afghanistan and this trust is managed by a lawyer in Canada. She is wanting a man she can trust to go and give almost 15 grand to this lawyer to have the trust released to this man who she trusts. She promises to give this trusted man 30% of the trust amount, she says that will be 2.6 million. I have read too much about this type of thing to fall victim so easily. At 50 years old I am no idiot and so far too many things point directly to a scam. My desire is if I do find out she is trying to rob me I want to drop a little virus on her. Somebody please direct me how to accomplish this via Yahoo Messenger or email. She is using a Yahoo email account and not a .mil email account which seems highly suspect also.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

it is a scam. pm this person "ps355528" as she might be able to help you out.

3. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Thank you ddp. Have a great weekend!

“One never knows, do one?”

---Fats Waller

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hey, I do!
    Anything you get on the internet that sounds too good to be true ---- IS!!!!!
    Don't pee on electric fence.PNG

5. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Ah, the oldGeek, I finally get the honor. I've read so many of the threads in which you are the hero for a poor unlucky stranger. Have you got any advice on how I might be able to drop a rather unsavory load into the mouth and computer of this bum?

I have been accused of being weird.
    That is an untrue description. I just perceive things from a different angle.

6. aldan

aldan Active member

yep,its a scam.nothing original anymore.everything is just a variation on a theme.lol

7. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Thanks Aldan, but have you got any advice on how I might be able to drop a rather unsavory load into the mouth and computer of this bum? I mean throw a virus into the fun.

8. aldan

aldan Active member

ah,yes.look at ddps post and see what "she whos name cannot be spoken"has to say.lol

9. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

I am not figuring out what you are pointing me to. I understand she whos name cannot be spoken, but I cant find the post.

10. ddp

just pm her.

11. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I'm neither a Black Hat programmer nor a vindictive person (even though I can be).... First thing for you to do is delete that dam yahoo messenger. It's not private and your account is spread all over the world. Just a big magnet for the scammers..

If you do wish to retaliate then PM @ps355528 like ddp said. She's a hoot and loves to stir the pot.. he he

This is her:
    [​IMG]

12. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Thank you Sir. I hope you are well this evening?

13. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I guess I'm about as well as can be expected. TNX

It's about time you came out from under the rock. Welcome to AD after being a member for 11 years.... o_O

14. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Thank you the warm welcome. I have never stopped watching the forums and have always enjoyed yours the most. I am not quite as seasoned as yourself, but do have many years of fun behind me. My first experiences in the computer world were in 1979 learning to write proggies in Basic and putting them through punch card readers so that I could play the games I had created for use on Wang terminals. Nothing better than the look on someones face when they drop a few thousand punch cards onto the floor.
    I have primarily stayed under the rock because my ass is much safer there. I have an opinion about a lot of things and sometimes should keep it to myself, so the rock is a sort of barrier between me and a hail of bullets.
    I am impressed by how active you are as the hero many come to for anything and everything.
    Kudos to you Sir.

15. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Same as start a conversation, right? That is what I did.

16. ddp

yes.

17. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Cool, thanks

18. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

You got it.........

OOOOO I know the feeling well.. :eek:

I started my computer career as a programmer on an IBM65 in 1965 and would just sit down in the pile of punch cards and cry like a baby.... [​IMG]

I was going to bed but my email client is not notifying me when mail comes in so I guess I'll be up for a while fixing that. :(

Glad to meet you, give me a shout anytime...

19. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I sent greets and a few hints.. but it's not advisable to dish out bad things to strangers ;)

Remember.. using malware is like playing with a loaded gun while drunk.. especially on windows machines :D

20. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Thanks for everything. I may be strange, but others are stranger!
    I will probably just exercise the last bit of advice. Better safe than sorry, right?

Damn, I wish I had thought of that before I loaded it.