1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me i messed up my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by hijaf, Jun 18, 2005.

1. hijaf

hijaf Member

ok listen up i softmodded my box then went to take all of the softmods of and accidentaly deleted c now when i boot up it tells me that i have to contact xbox and i really dont want to do that b/c i dont have the money so is there a free way to fix my xbox and if so plz explain it to me

2. hijaf

hijaf Member

the error message that comes up with or without a disc in it are 16 and 16

3. hijaf

hijaf Member

will someone plz help me i really need this!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. jloveboy

jloveboy Guest

can u play a real game in your xbox?

5. hijaf

hijaf Member

6. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

You just don't want to contact MS because you modded it. Not because you don't have the repair money. The first step in getting help, is telling the truth.

7. hijaf

hijaf Member

no i serously dont have them money if i had the money i could just go out and buy a used one for the same price

does anyone kno if i can fix this

8. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

Probally not. I am not much of an Xbox enthusiast, but when a companies product won't do what it's susposed to do, and it (the xbox) tells you that. The xbox is probally right. I would contact them, and see what needs to be done. Why not? This eludes to my first point, just call them and tell them what's up, they might be able to fix it over the phone, but they'll probally just redirect you to a federal court system, lol, why do you think all these mod chips come from the UK and not here.

9. AxFactor

AxFactor Regular member

I do know that there is a reboot disc avalible from a site, i can't remember it off hand. I have the site saved on my other computer. I'll get back to you tomorrow on this and let you know everything I can get.

10. AxFactor

AxFactor Regular member

here's one way to reformat ur drive, if urable to load the dash, i don't know if u can or can't but i thought i'd tell antwaz just in case.

Reformat Hard Drive
    **WARNING** Reformatting the hard drive will delete all of your saved games and soundtracks.

If you must reformat your X-Box's hard drive, go to Settings > System Info and press Y, Up (left stick), Down (left stick), X, A.

11. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

12. AxFactor

AxFactor Regular member

Ok I got the link, it's http://customxbox.net/catalog/xbox-refresh-disc-p-342.html
    it's the "Xbox Refresh Disc" it's used to wipe out the hard drive and I assume reformat it. If this dosen't work, as a last resort I suggest looking into the xbox-linux project. You may be able to run linux off the drive, I personally haven't dabbled with this so I can't help out much with this option. good luck man.

13. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

I don't think that disc would help, as his xbox won't load a dash. I could be wrong, but I don't think that disc will restore the HDD to original state (MS dash, etc.), if the dash doesn't load. I think it's only good to erase the cache, saves and music off the HDD.

If anybody has used that disc..please correct me if I'm wrong.

14. AxFactor

AxFactor Regular member

yea, you may be right, I honestly have no idea it i wouls wirk, it's just an option I thought I'd present. anything to help.

15. hijaf

hijaf Member

it doesnt load up to nothing inly error 16 and i dont have any backup and i cant get hoptswapping to work im not that good and i really dont understand it

16. jloveboy

jloveboy Guest

If u cant play a real game then u might need a chip to do sooo

17. hijaf

hijaf Member

how much do they cost?

18. tgienger

tgienger Member

First and Foremost for anyone.. when you mess with your hard drive- BACK IT UP FIRST! Second you can mess up a hard drive and still play an original game. Error 16 is a dashboard error, missing files, settings etc. Do you have access to an xbox with a chip or flashed bios?

19. 12ick2000

12ick2000 Member

25 dollars
    you could probably find someone to do it for you.
    i got mine done for me.
    i paid 50 dollars and i got, my xbox modded, my new hdd installed, bios flashed, new dash installed, and a bunch of usefull apps installed. i thought it was a great deal. just look around. its worth the 50 dollars... i love my modded xbox.... :-D

20. hijaf

hijaf Member

ima search around and no i dont have acces to a modded xbox

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005