1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me im lost

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hell_on, Jun 15, 2004.

1. hell_on

hell_on Guest

can someone please help me, ive been through the net for information, asked friends blah blah blah, and i still dont have a clue.
    i have got the film happy tree friends on my hard drive my kids wanna watch it in bed on there dvdtvs. how do i put it onto dvd disk for them please help. wich programmes do i need , help me please im going insane, and the kids doing me head in watching it on my pc.
    thanks muchley hell x

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hell_on,
    I am going to assume that you have run a decryption program if the movie is encrypted.
    You will Need to D/L DVD Shrink: http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    You will also need the trial copy of Nero. Any version 5.5.10 and up will work
    Set Up Guide for DVD Shrink using Nero

1.Make a folder on the Desktop and name it Rip Movies
    2.Open DVD Shrink

Setup Shrink

1.Edit>preferences ( you can look at it if you want to but it is already setup)
    2.File I/O> Burn Setting check enable burning w/ Nero
    Click O.K.
    3.Open file- click it and find the file on your HD ( Shrink will do quick analysis )

Copy Movie Only Method

1.At top click on Re-Author
    2.Main Movie – Drag title to the left side

1.Compression settings
    a.Audio- uncheck the audio you do not want
    b.Subpicture- uncheck any you do not want (I uncheck all of them)
    c.Video- Where it says Automatic Ratio click to Custom Ratio ( at the top you will see a Green Bar. Right below where you clicked on Custom Ratio is a bar. Move that bar to the left and you will see the Green Bar at the top move left and it will show some gray color. Make sure only 1/8” to ¼” of gray color shows (this keeps you from burning to the outer edge of the disk))
    2.Backup>select target device ( make sure this is your burner )
    3.Select Folder for temp files ( make sure this is the folder on the desktop you created Rip Movies)
    4.Click O.K.

Now DVD Shrink does Deep Analysis and then encodes the movie and then automatically burn the DVD using Nero
    Hope this helps

3. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

hell_no,
    What format is the video file in?

4. drbombay

drbombay Guest

I would appreciate any help re a recently purchased DVD-X-COPY Platinum I purchased from Nevada Software. It has the ripper & I installed the software. When I try the "simple" option I'm prompted to load the DVD to be copied, which I do. At that point I get a messg. this is step 1 of 2. However the loaded DVD does not come up in the window & the "start" button doesn't turn green like it's supposed to. Can anyone help? Thanks.

5. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

You should call 321studios at their customer service number ASAP (I know it's a pain -- you'll probably be on hold a long time). I can tell you that when I had the same problem, it was because I had two burners -- a CD-RW and a DVD burner. The program apparently couldn't tell them apart. I called 321 tech support and they told me to disable the CD-RW drive. That's control panel / system / hardware / device manager / DVD-CD-ROM drives, then double-click your CD-RW drive if you have one. At the bottom of the "general" tab you can toggle between enabled and disabled. Once I disabled the CD-RW drive and re-started Platinum, that program could find my DVD drive since it was now the only RW drive. And of course I can go back and enable the CD-RW drive any time.

Again, though, call 321studios too -- they can give you suggestions for your specific computer set-up.

Good luck!

6. hell_on

hell_on Guest

ive downloaded both of them
    nero is in a foreign language
    dvd shrink is fine but it says invalid file name when i put the film in (it is in windows media player)
    so what do i do now mate im totally lost as usual lol

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

8. hell_on

hell_on Guest

sorry mate

9. drbombay

drbombay Guest

Karen; this may be a repeat of my response to you. If so, sorry but I think I timed out so I'm repeating myself. Thanks for you response. But unlike yourself, I have a single disk drive which is DVD/CD-RW. Do you believe the same "disabling" rule would apply here as in your situation? I have re-recorded music cd's & played DVD movies. I have been in touch with 321 & their position is: "we are no longer providing tech. support for this product due to a court ruling." The person I spoke with told me to try the following; go to:
    321wstudios.com/support/faq's/afterdawn/search-start button. After doing this I only became more confused. I have Roxio pre-installed on my PC & am wondering whether this could be causing a conflict? I'm reluctant to uninstall it as I use it to copy music cd's & non movie dvd's. Do you know whether uninstalling the Roxio would matter? Thanks.

10. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

drbombay,

I used to have Roxio 6 on my computer. And the only part of Roxio that is on 321's black list is drag-to-disc. But I had drag-to-disc and everything was fine. But you never know, you can always re-install Roxio if it doesnt fix your probs.