1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me out here guys INTEL or AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bid_dj, Jan 29, 2005.

1. bid_dj

bid_dj Guest

I'm planing o make two nwe pc's one fro my car and the other if as a multimedia pc and a gaming pc so i'm confused what should i use intel or AMD processor

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try both, amd for gaming & intel for car??

3. ag22

ag22 Regular member

If your not going to go with the FX series of AMD just do a standard Pentium 4 processor (sub $200: tigerdirect.com) in both systems. Im too going to build a MCE PC and I would reccomend using a 36 GB Raptor drive for your boot drive, and application drive, and then setup 2 250GB Raid 0 SATA drives, for your multi media files. One of my friends (hes rich) built a Gaming/ MCE PC, and here are his configs:

Intel D925XCVLK
    74GB Raptor Drive x4 (set up with RAID 0)
    FireWire 400GB external hard drive
    2GB DDR2 675mhZ
    Intel Pentium 4 3.6 ghZ
    XFX GeForce 6800 PCIe
    Then he has it rigged with cooling devices. Surprizingly it costed him about $3000 becuase he got most of the parts off Ebay. Last week he upgraded form a P4 2.8 to the 3.6. I dont notice a difference but I dont use it all the time so hes a better judge than me. He used a liquid cooling device meant to deal with AMD processors and rigged it to workd with his 775 processor. The CPU doesnt make any noise what so ever.

4. bid_dj

bid_dj Guest

thanks every one and ag22 u gave me a great idea but i'm going to skip 2 200GB HARDDRIES and have 1 160gb coz i'm having kinda low budget cant get a job too young and mom wont gime me morethan $ 450

5. ddp

2 computers for $450, talk about a shoe string budget!!

6. bid_dj

bid_dj Guest

ya coz i wasted my allowence and boght a lot games so thats all she's ging to give me guess i have to shop on ebay

7. ddp

how many computers are you going to have than as you have 2 on the other thread??

8. bid_dj

bid_dj Guest

well in this case i thought of upgrading my desktop

9. ddp

than upgrade motherboard, cpu to 775 type socket but keep everything else

10. ag22

ag22 Regular member

As I said Im building a PC right now too. Here are my exact configs.
    Intel mobo w/ DDR2, PCIe, RAID, Prescott support
    Intel P4 2.8 ghZ processor
    512 Corsair PC4200 DDR2 (I want 1G, but no money)
    74 GB Raptor drive (Im adding an ext. when I get $$$)
    XFX GeForce 6200 256MB

So far I have purchased the mobo, and prereherials. When I get my B-Day money Im gonna buy the rest. Im using a piece of crap HP 17" CRT monitor right now, and thats the nxt thing Im gonna upgrade. I just bough JBL Creature II,Sony 16x Dual layer DVD, the Logitech laser mouse, and a standard bluetooth keyboard. After deciding my P4 2.8 Dimension wasn getting it done (integrated graphics, and no AGP) I decided to build my own.