1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me out plz-error 21 and dashboard problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by imryan, Mar 22, 2006.

1. imryan

imryan Member

hi guys. i tried installing a waffletools for softmodding via 007 auf. however, i think i didnt back somting up or sumtin, but now i have no ms dash. whenever u turn on ur xbox, it usually does this green blobby thingy. u know, rite? and then itll go 2 the dashboard, rite? WRONG! not on my xbox. it has a couple of dots and such in the up-left hand corner, and after about 1 or 2 seconds, error 21 comes up. it has "contact customer support" and then shows about 9 different languages. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SOME OF THE PEOPLE READING THIS ARE IN THE EXACT SAME SITUATION. I AM AWARE. please please please post a reply, the more helps as i can get the better. i will appreciate each and every reply, as i know you guys are taking ur time. thank you

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

use the "dashupdate" option in games. Intruction:

- Disconnect xbox to Live. Other word unplug the ethernet cable from xbox.

- Load the game has dashupdate option.

- click on it. This may restore your dashboard.

If not, try to use SID or AID.

3. imryan

imryan Member

alright. il unplug my ethernet cord from my xbox, but how do i find the dashupdate? can i get it in halo 2? if so, where do i go to get it?

sorry im a total noob

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

load any game which has the dashupdate option. You can try halo2. Search around the menu, option, etc... on halo2. If you can't find it, then load another game.

5. imryan

imryan Member

hi again. i see that your on rite now, so if you have AIM could u plz gimme ur screename?

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Sorry I dont have AIM.

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Where are you at right now? did you find the dashupdate?

8. imryan

imryan Member

no. i didnt find the update. in halo 2 when it goes to the screen where it says "campaign, xbox live, split screen, etc.", idk where to go from there. as soon as i turn on my xbox, the green blob appears as usual, then it goes to a screen that says error 21 in the upper-left hand corner. afterwards, it just has about 10 different languages. and i dont know if this helps, but i think that i got sumtin called "christmas lights", where my eject button flashes red and green back and forth

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok. in halo2 you have "campaign, xbox live, split screen, etc.". But no dashupdate. Then try plinter cells, or other games that you have.

10. imryan

imryan Member

ok thx ill try 007 cause i dont have splinter cell, then ill try sum others if that doesnt have it thx:)

11. imryan

imryan Member

i couldnt find dashupdate in any games so far. kood u gimme a list of some that it has on it?

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

i'm not sure which game has dashupdate. I remember that halo2 has it.

13. imryan

imryan Member

but how do i get to it on halo 2? do i sign onto live? i koodnt find anything besides quickmatch optimatch create party and content download in xbox live. just remember, i dont have ANY dashboard. so where exactly do i go in halo 2? :?

14. imryan

imryan Member

u still there?

15. shark3226

shark3226 Guest

your gettin my problem..... did it delete all your data on your HDD if so you need a modchip or eathier perform a hotswap

16. imryan

imryan Member

it apparently didnt delete all the memory on my xbox, since i can still go on live, and on halo 2, all my accounts are still there if thats wat u mean. some people tell me that i need 2 find an xbox game that has the dashupdate option. if so, wat r some games? some other people tell me to download the m$ dash again, and i know where i can. but how do i apply it on my xbox if i cant go 2 memory (in the dashboard) and copy it? please help me.

17. shark3226

shark3226 Guest

i think im right on this dashupdate isnt gonna do u no good i dont think becuz everytime you sign onto live it updates your dash. so if u did find this dashupdate all its gonna do is give you a error code 21 so i would eathier pick 2 options

1...modchip time
    2... hotswap and put the dashboard back on it

18. imryan

imryan Member

its not my xbox, its my 19 year old brother's. if he finds that i open up the xbox, im in trouble. however, i just bought a router so i could do the mods for 70 bucks. im not in the mood for spending another 50-60 bucks on a chip. what wood u recomend 2 me? is hotswappin easy, or complicated? i know a place where i can get the download for the dashboard, right at http://files.filefront.com/M_dashboard/;4070577;;/fileinfo.html
    please tell me if theres a way to get it onto my xbox w/o hotswapping or chipping

19. imryan

imryan Member

its not my xbox, its my 19 year old brother's. if he finds that i open up the xbox, im in trouble. however, i just bought a router so i could do the mods for 70 bucks. im not in the mood for spending another 50-60 bucks on a chip. what wood u recomend 2 me? is hotswappin easy, or complicated? i know a place where i can get the download for the dashboard, right at http://files.filefront.com/M_dashboard/;4070577;;/fileinfo.html
    please tell me if theres a way to get it onto my xbox w/o hotswapping or chipping

20. imryan

imryan Member

sorry i posted the same thread twice