1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me Please!!!I installed a bigger harddrive and I think it killed my executer

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by L-Burna, May 30, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I installed a 80gig seagate harddrive and everytime I turn on my xbox with my modchip enabled it just flashes red and green real quick on the ON/Eject button.Is there anyway to fix this problem maybe using the executer 2.3 programmer or some method to fix this.I also noticed something weird before this happend I kept getting the service support number 13 showing on my screen,but when I disable the modchip my Xbox acts fine it will play originals just fine.Now I have no clue on how to fix it and I can't find anyone else that has this problem either.I also have a 3 year warranty on it also if there is no one that can help I guess I can ship it back.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

1.if your on about a warrenty on ya xbox you voided it when you put a modchip in
    2.I dont think you need a programmer(thats for a bad BIOS flash) so you only need a programmer if you flashed your chip and it stoped workin
    3.I need more info, this this happen as soon as you put your hard disk in? how did you format it?

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

L, did you installed your chip in first, than your hd? or your hd first and than your chip?

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Well what happened was I installed my bios which was the X2-4983 Bios on my 2nd bank because I tried to install it in my first bank and it didn't work.After that I tried to install 3935 evoX and since I have a Thomson drive to read discs it wouldn't pick it up on either bank.So then I tried to load the FireFuckers disc which stopped about half way when loading all my apps,dashes,evox everything on my original harddrive making it where it is pretty much useless now (Damn you FireFuckers it was mainly to see if a evox disc would work with my Thomson).Well I then opened up my Xbox and replaced my harddrive put in Slayers did the harddrive upgrade to retail and built it a bigger harddrive installed bios,apps,dashes,and evoxes.Then installed the M7 ef eject fix dash for temporary.After I did this I turned off my Xbox and turned it back on with the modchip enabled.I was able to see evoX show up on my screen but it was a old build since Slayers was old.Then after a day or so it showed the number 13 number and service system after I did this.Now whenever I turn on the chip it just flashes red and green real quick.Is it a possibillity that my harddrive killed the modchip,maybe overheated or something with the modchip.I aint really worried about my Xbox because this actually works fine just with the modchip in now I can't do anything with it.I have a 3 year warranty on my modchip should I send it back and try to fix it.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just roll a L and pass an incent[/small]

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  5. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

The hard drive will not have killed your mod chip, for a start i think your modchip is loose, try re soldering it(if you have a lite+ screwe it down tighter) thats what the prob is when you get red flashy lights, as for error 13 try shovin in a evox boot disc if that does not work you may have to buy a programmer as it may have been a bad flash.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Alright I will try the programmer.I tried popping in a evox disc but the evox will not show up.Thanks for the help on this problem I am having.