1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Please

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by HelpMe77, Nov 28, 2005.

1. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

For MONTHS now I have been trying to burn DVDs, I want to make backup's of all the DVD's I have, I have only been succesful in burning two very short in length DVDs. I have read all over the web on different ways to burn, but they seem to talk in weird languages, and I cannot follow. The only way I have been able to backup anything is with Nero, but usually after it copies it, and asks me to put in blank Disc to burn, it then tells me it is too big to burn on the blank one. I also see Unknown BurnPhase an awful lot, followed by a bunch of junk that I do not understand. Can someone please simplify all this jargen to me, and help me succesfully Backup a DVD!

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

3. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

You know, I have DVD Shrink, not sure I am using it properly. And as for your question, at this point, all I want to do is copy a DVD, I almost don't even care about the end result. Haha. I would like to copy entire discs, not too picky about the extras, I guess it would be nice, but not necessary!

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If it's a dvd-5, you may begin by trying out DVD Decrypter. It's pretty easy to do:

Run Decrypter, click 'mode --- iso ---read' for ripping dvd to harddisk (you need to set the source and destination, of course). Then click 'mode --- iso --- write' for burning from harddisk to dvd.

And that's it!

5. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

Ok, as you can tell, I am not too literate on these matters. Hard disk?? I opened up DVD dcypter, and saved file under c: then put in in a new folder uder that. It is on process of doing it's thing now. So what is next step. In that folder, doesn't it come up as several different things, that have like vob, and things like that? I have tried to use DVD dcrypter before, with no avail!

6. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

Ok, DVD decrypter is done and this is message I am getting : There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image Image size: 3,533,375 Sectors Disc Size: 2,295,104 Sectors Would you like to continue anyways. The disc is Gothika, I bought it preiviously viewed from BB...so it's not rented, which I know is illegal. Seems like everytime I try to burn I run into some kind of error. My blank DVD=R discs are TDK 8x 4.7GB 120min

7. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

It was 64% done and error popped up: I/O Error Device[3:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-4115 FSOF (D:) (ATA) ScsiStatus:0x02 Interpretation: Check Condition then a whole bunch of numbers then Interpretation: Logical Block Address out of range

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i think we are missing something here.

How about you tell us your pc stats for starters?
    what media you are using?
    what software versions you are using?
    the operating system?
    and anything else you think is relevant before we get back to helping you?

9. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

Ok, I will try not sure what all that meant. I have a Gateway Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz 496MB of RAM I have Windows XP Home Edition with Service pack 2. My D: drive is LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S. By media I guess you mean the blank DVD-R's? If so they are TDK 8x 4.7GB 120 min.

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i'm on my way to work, will be back in 10 hours.If this isnt answered before i get back, will try to sort this out with you.

later

andmerr

how big is your harddrive stc

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2005
  11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ scf_au: sorry to be a party pooper, lets see if we can get it to work with shrink first then decrypter or vice a versa.If we cant then theres some other issue that isnt relevant.

He has sufficient chipset and ram well i'd personally up that to 1024
    but dont know how big the hard drive is.

be back later to check progress

andmerr

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

one more thing helpme77 can you do the steps that you take when using shrink.Put it in point form so that we can review it.

like:

1.open dvd drive
    2.insert dvd disc
    3.open shrink.................etc

(shrink will utilise nero as the burning agent.)

13. dkbaked

dkbaked Guest

14. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

Dkbaked...thank you for the link, I updated the dvd/r-rw drive!

15. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

Ok, I updated my DVD/R-RW drive, I ran DVD Shrink, I put Gothika in, I clicked open disk, it ran the encoding prcess, this all while following detailed instructions. After encoding, I clicked reauthor, the green bar said I believe 95%, I unchecked all but the english under audio, and subpictures, then clicked to save it under a folder in c: drive, after it was done, it asked me to insert a blank disk, to burn it, after a little while an error occured that there was not enough space on the disc to complete compilation! I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I follow detailed instructions on DVD Shrink, and also DVD Decrypter!

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

how big is your hard drive

17. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

SOrry, how do I find that out?

18. andmerr

andmerr Guest

why your doing a full disc backup.

1.after you load shrink
    2.insert your disc in the drive
    3.select open disc
    4.when the open disc panel appears on the screen pick where the disc is located.

[​IMG]

now when the movie comes up all i want you to do is untick all the subpicture stuff.Do not click the reauthor button

[​IMG]

then press the backup button.

the next screen is what you select as the backup.It can be your hard drive but in this case i am going to burn it to disc

[​IMG]

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

At the botton of the screen where you pick where you want to burn to disc or hard drive there are some figures.What are they saying.

[​IMG]

Dont worry about any other functions.Just pick the burner and press ok

it is now doing the encoding

[​IMG]

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

right click your c: drive .
    go to properties:
    you should see an image like this:

[​IMG]

technically its a 160 gig

what is your hard drive or hard drives.

My file is encoding at the moment so when it finishes i will continue with the picture tutorial

andmerr