1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Please

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by HelpMe77, Nov 28, 2005.

1. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

I am sorry I have no idea how to edit it from that posting

2. attar

attar Senior member

Reduce the size from 4465 to 4300 in DVDshrink ,(EDIT/PREFERENCES/CUSTOM)

Also, consider a better disk (Verbatim, Maxell,Ritek)

Because these disks (manufactured by CMC but labelled with many brand names) are problematic and liable to give Creaky heart palpitations.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@andmerr - my colleaugue stumbled on a way to get us internet access tomorrow, so should be able to catchup my o/s replies/do some duties during the day

@attar -
    - heart palpitations - you got that right!, don't let those CMC's near my burner!.

@HelpMe77 - see here for some CMC info (CMC Magnetics discs) - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/232406

ugh!

- CDRALW2K.SYS is part of Roxio. try uninstalling Roxio (doesn't always play well with Nero), then you might need to fully remove using Roxio Zapper -
    http://www.microadvantage.net/utilities

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  4. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

Well, so far, thanks to all of your help, I have burned 4 DVDs, I will invest in some better quality DVD-R/RW's, but I didn't go expensive the first time around, cause I just wanted to make sure it worked. Two more questions....how do you erase a previously writtten on DVD-RW? Also, is anyone familiar with transferring video from a digital camcorder, to a DVD? I have Windows Movie Maker, and I just got my firewire port installed, along with the cable. I can transfer the movie onto my pc, but have been unable to tranfer it to a DVD. Thanks for all of your help!!!

5. attar

attar Senior member

If you boot up Nero Burning Rom, get rid of the 'new compilation' screen and click on 'RECORDER' , you are given the option to erase an RW disk.
    Many burning progs. will give you a reminder if an RW disk is not empty and offer to erase it for you.
    If you enable Nero from within DVDshrink, this is the case.

I find DVD RW media too expensive and too slow and as an aside I find that they become unusable after a few uses...but thats another thread ;)

6. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

attar, so you think it would be better, just to buy dvd-r's, instead of DVD-RW's? I got a list of good DVD-R/RW off of here, is there a certain size I should buy, right now they are 8x 4.7GB 120 minutes??

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ helpme77: well little bird you have finally succeeded where others have failed.

Welcome to the burning faternity, your on your way.
    Good luck with your future burns.

andmerr

8. attar

attar Senior member

@HelpMe77
    Buying a disk that is on the drive manufacturers list, that is highly regarded on this forum, that can be used in your stand alone player and burning at 4X maximum seems to be best.
    If the disks are rated higher speed, reserve that speed for creating data disks.
    I find RW format of limited utility-except for trouble shooting, which only proves how wise you were to have them on hand during your trials!
    I buy 4.7 Verbatim,Ritek,Maxell and of course the revered TY, all rated 4x or better, but only burn 4x, lest the wrath of Creaky descend on me.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ attar: the creakyman now moves in mysterious ways so you saying

is always a possibility now...............lol

andmerr

10. fairy0

fairy0 Member

please help me to write a dvd from c: which i have copied with dvd shrink.i have nero express and i have only dvd rw.
    i also try to select subtitles but they dont appear in the hard disk.

11. attar

attar Senior member

@fairy0
    You would start Nero Express and from the main screen click on 'New Project' then click on 'DVD VIDEO FILES'.
    Click the 'Add' button, locate the folder containing the files and open it.
    The files appear in the selection window.Right click on an empty space and 'select all'.
    Click 'Finished' then 'Next'.Put your disk in the drive and the 'Burn' button becomes available.
    Click 'Burn' and if the RW disk is not empty, an option appears to erase it.
    Not sure about the subtitle problem.I would think that if you selected them in Shrink 'preferences', that they will be made available.
    As a matter of interest, why not let DVDshrink handle the burning with Nero and automate the process?.

12. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

Ok, new question, was backing up Madagacar with DVD Shrink, and this error popped upFalied to read file D:\ Cyclic redundancy check data error. WHat does that mean?

13. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Shrink cannot do this disk on its own use DVDFab Decrypter or AnyDVD with Shrink.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  14. HelpMe77

HelpMe77 Member

I have DVD decrypter, not sure how to use it though.

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

16. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005