1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me...................please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Talic, Mar 20, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you dont have dashboard after softmod. So you can't set ip and ftp. YOu can use memory card to back up.

2. Talic

Talic Member

well when you dont have a dashboard, would an xbox live screen like the one im getting show up???

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

something are going on with your xbox. With the dualboot, the xbox will not boot ms dash while the dvd tray is closed.

The last option is hotswap method.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

here is the tutor. You just explore the hdd on PC.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/315988

you use the xplorer360 to view the xbox hdd. Backup all files to pc. Then list all files and folders on ROOT of C and E here.

DON'T DELETE ANY THING.

5. Talic

Talic Member

i think opening my xbox would be a little bit too extreme. could you at leat tell me what is the differnece between DualBoot and DualBootOpen=Retail(NDURE). i wanna know what i actually am missing out on. it alows you to play on live, correct??

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

The DualBoot is same as DualBootOpen=Retail(NDURE). Because they are from the same linux file SID.4.0.NKnave.Edition.Xbox-Hq.rar

7. Talic

Talic Member

i meant difference in features. is there any other possible way i can get onto live using Single boot or just regular DualBoot. and im actually using 4.5 not 4.0(just to clarify).

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

they have same features. Everything you did is correct. You install softmod is right. All files and dashboards are in hdd.

But for some reasons, xbox boot the Live menu first instead of Unleash. And I don't know why either.

9. Talic

Talic Member

Is it possible to run xbox live through regular DualBoot(through a program or whtever). Ndure is the program that alows you to connect to live, right? If so would it be possible to patch it on my xbox while running under regular DualBoot. I have also changed my mind on modding on halo 2: live(i just plan on using emaulators and homebrew), but i would still like to acess live while my mods are installed, so i still need to get this fixed

10. SwivZero

SwivZero Member

Talic mentioned in another thread that my problem is similar. I will sum up the differences and similarities for my problem:

I also used SID 4.5 dual boot, and the evox dashboard comes up fine when the power button is pressed, light is red (or orange if you prefer), games work, everything is fine.

When I start up by pressing eject, the green light comes on, and I'm presented with an MS dash menu titled XBOX LIVE with menu options Account Management, New Account, and Network Setup. When I press B to try to return to the root menu it gives a little beep but doesn't move. Incidentally I am able to "connect" to xbox live through the network setup option, but I don't actually have an account, so I guess it's just confirming that my network is set up properly.

On the other hand if I select the MS Dashboard menu option in EvoX it returns to the normal MS dashboard, but the light is still red so obviously I couldn't go on live like that.

The problem may have been caused when I tried to reinstall the SID 4.5 over top of itself using the AID 3.0 cd. It gave me an error message concerning the virtual c file, but then said it had completed successfully. (If you're wondering why I did that... well, from the AID documentation I was under the impression that after launching the AID installer you had to install a new softmod before powering off).

11. kyle123

kyle123 Guest

hey dude i still havent fixed the problem with mine iam so pissed.

I need to know how to find my DNS server for my computer so i can type it in on the settings in the reg menu to be able to connect to xbox live.

OMG!! iam not done after i reinstaled unleashX i tryed to download far cry instincts and rainbow si: critical hour but aftr about 5 seconds in it says error 112.

12. kyle123

kyle123 Guest

hey dude i got it workin i still have the error for downloaded games to my hardrive which is 112 error and i cant go on live threw my modded dash but threw reg dash by turning on with eject then press again brings you to xbox live dash and logs you in if you have auto sign on. dont for get to change ip to DHCP and dont tamper with anything else except skins and stuff like that no files i learned that the hard way.

Know if someone could only explain to me about this 112 error plz write back on this i need to get critical hour on my xbox.

the 112 error appears about 5 seconds after i try to copy game disk to my xbox.

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok where you guys at?
    @kyle
    your hdd is probably full.

14. Talic

Talic Member

Im in New York.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok we are too far. I'm in CA.

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@kyle
    If you force to save game in the hdd, the hdd will crash.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  17. Talic

Talic Member

sorry swiv from what you said on the other thread didnt have that much detail so i can see there is a difference betwenn our problems. But me and you bolth apparantly seem to be stuck in the same menu(although i can just uninstall my mods and install them under a different boot mode)maybe our problems are similar. I would suggest makeing your own thread(just copy, redit and post your reply) sorry but maybe our problems are the same or different i dont know.

18. Talic

Talic Member

return, do you have an Xbox Live account? if you do mines Talic 101. im gonna be on today.

19. Talic

Talic Member

im have to *BUMP* this, i seriosly need to need this problem soved. sorry people.

20. Talic

Talic Member

come on, somebodys gotta know how to solve this.