1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me plz...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Roll5enat, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Roll5enat

Roll5enat Member

Ok guys I have treid EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING!!!!! Iv read all your posts on burning safedisk games with alcohol 120, and I'v messed with all the settings and still cant get the crap to work. I'm on the verge now becasue this is my 3rd day in a row non stop trying to get this **** to work. Now the game I'm trying to copy is battlefield vietnam. All I need is the first disc becasue the others are just installation disks. Now I dont know if my burner is a sheep 1 or a sheep 2 (2.8-2.9) so I just made two copies with both. The sheep 1 can be read in my burner drive, but the sheep 2 cannot. does this mean anything? anyway when I have my copy (iv tried both of them) and I start it up, It gets to the loading screen and doesnt load becasue the copy of the cd is in a drive( I know its weird). So if I take the copy out, it works. BUT whn you try to join a server with no cd it says "data differs from server". So it needs the cd. But I cant have the cd in or else it would not even open the game up to begin with. I think its safedisk but I copied in safedisc 1 and 2. I am so lost, I need serious help. Thnx!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The ability of your burner is critical to backing up SafeDisc 2.9 so your problem could very well be because your burner isn't up to the task.

I was able to make a working copy of Call of Duty (SafeDisc 3.1) using Alcohol and it's Safe Disc 2/3 profile. It was burner on my Plextor Premium.

What make/model burner do you have?

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

SD1 (aka SD.Lite) doesnt really require any hardcore hardware to 'deal with' however SD2 and beyond definitely does.

What game is it? I suspect it is a SecureROM game since (in my experience), those games are much harder to backup.

4. Roll5enat

Roll5enat Member

well the device I read from which is my reg cd rom drive is a SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148C, and my burner is a HP DVD Writer 300c. I know for sure that Battlefield Vietnam is safedisc 2.9x, is my writer capable of this?

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

According to Shoey's last list the only DVD writers able to back up games are the Lite On 401/411/811 and the Plextor PX-708A so you HP probably isn't going to be able to handle Battlefield Vietnam :(

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

HP's burners are a mixed bag of Sony and Phillips drives; neither of which are (commonly) 2-sheep burners. There are 2-sheep Sony burners but those are exclusively Sony and are high end ones :) (read: expensive beyond their worth)