1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me save my box

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by scott7426, Nov 22, 2004.

1. scott7426

scott7426 Member

I have a version 1.0 xbox on which I installed evox, using the Mech Assault exploit. While trying to get my backups working , I messed up something. That wasn’t a big deal since I could just go back and fix the messed up files via the MA hack. The problem is instead of the regular MA I had used previous, I used the platinum edition. Silly me.
    I now get the error screen (error 16) upon boot (after the green X comes up) and the Xbox wont play any games.

I’m wondering if I have any options to fix the box. I have the original files on my computer still, but I am unable to access the box anymore.
    I was thinking of putting the Xbox HD in my comp and replacing all the files that way, but then read that the HD won’t be recognized due to a different file system. Is there an App that will allow me to see the Xbox HD?
    If not, the only option I can think of is getting a mod-chip, but I’m not even sure it would help.
    Any suggestions would be great.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you mess up on the softmod method the only way to fix it is by using modchip.I think there is another way also if you can find somebody close to you with a mod console.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Yea, the problem is error 16 is a dashboard error, Thats the only reason I dont like softmodding, pretty easy to mess up (although indeed it is free) modchips are much easier to straighten out.
    Get it chipped (or do it yourself) and get something like slayers, or another auto installer (I use a customised updated version of the best installer ever, team xaviers)

4. scott7426

scott7426 Member

Alright, thanks for the input. My friend has a modded box (MA Exploit. He could bring that over and try this other method, if anyone knows it.

5. scott7426

scott7426 Member

recovered both xboxes via xboxhdm