1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me use my dvd rw

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lvenvy, Aug 16, 2004.

1. lvenvy

lvenvy Member

I just bought a dell with 2.4 hardrive and a teac dvd rw. It came with sonic record now installed and I haven't been able to use it to burn a dvd. I got all of my content on winmx. I mainly want to burn music videos to watch in my vehicle. I have dvd shrink 3.2 downloaded and installed on my machine. Most of the files I have are either avi or mpg. Please help I am starting to get frustrated. I bought this cpu for this particular purpose and I can't do it.

2. lvenvy

lvenvy Member

XP is my operating system too.

3. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I had this same problem with my dell. First I bought some DVD-R discs, then I found out that my computer could only burn DVD+R discs. So then, I went and bought those. Those didn't work out either and we took it to the computer store because we thought the burner was broken. They guy at the store said that our computer could only burn DVD+RW discs. Check if this is the problem with your computer.

4. Phys

Phys Member

I think you should upgrade your firmwares and maybe your aspi layer. That's that i did with mine. When i bought it, i could burn DVD±RW only, then i updated the firmwares and everything works fine (i can burn both DVD-R and DVD+R) =).

First try to update your aspi layer:
    http://wombleintheuk.tripod.com/Final/ForceASPI/ForceASPI.htm
    Use force v1.8 and be sure to follow all steps. If doesn't work.. just go with v1.7 and read the next part of my post.

Then you might try to upgrade your firmwares, here for example is where i downloaded my firmware http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/English...d rw.asp?Flag=1&Item=DR8US0Q&Model=SHOW-812S#

My DVD burner is the LiteOn SHOW-812S. You'll have to find a page like this in "yahoo" "google" or etc.. just type : "your burner" + firmware or something like that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  5. andyburns

andyburns Member

try down loading and using dvd decripter then dvd2one these programs will let you decript shrink and burn.
    nice and easy