1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with a widescreen tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Curphey, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Curphey

Curphey Member

right ive seen a w/s tv i like the look of (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=76159) but i have heard problems when using a widescreen tv with a playstation 2. i do use my ps2 quite alot and so would like a good experience, is a widescreen tv pretty much totally compatible with RECENT AND FUTURE. I also plan on buying an xbox so is it the same case for both. if there is some sort of problem is it easily resolved by changing some ratio settings and if so how is it done. Also i heard that is the best widescreen you can buy for 300 notes as philips have good quality visuals, is this tru and if not which widescreen would you recco. for 300 notes (NO MORE).

thanks
    Matty

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I use my PS2 with my JVC widescreen tv, with no problems. There are settings in the PS2 configuration menu to set it to 16:9 ratio, and most games have menus to support widescreen.
    Hope this helps.

3. LoneShark

LoneShark Member

Phillips brand usually has the highest resolution for HDTVs, especially on the new widescreens. I have been using my PS2 on my widescreen projector now for about a year with no problem. Hope this helps too.

Lone