1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me with my box

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Optiskill, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Optiskill

Optiskill Member

I recieved my xecuter2.3 lite the other day installed it without a hitch in my v1.5 xbox i flashed it using the x2 4980 bios all went good i then went and installed my new hdd a maxtor 120 gig diamond plus with 2 mb cache when i got it all back together i put in my slayer disk and when i turned on the box i got an error code telling me tosend in my box to m$ for servicing so i took it out and tried the retail drive again but now when i boot up the box the boot scrren is back to the M$ logo instead of the executer2 logo, the 2 blue lights on my chip are on does anyone have any ideas can you wreck your mod chip by installing a new hdd?
    thanks for your time

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Well since it now says microsoft instead of executer and you have an executer bios, then that is your problem. I am willing to bet that when you were putting in your hardrive you may have knocked a wire loose from your modchip. Check your dO wire.