1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me with my scenario!!!

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Ayazides, May 15, 2005.

1. Ayazides

Ayazides Member

Hello,
    I have a four room condo with 8 speaker wire connections already installed through the drywall in three of the rooms, so I need 8 speakers. Two in the bedroom, two in the kitchen, and four speakers in the living room. What recveiver/speakers should I get when I don't want to spend alot of cash, and I don't need anything crazy to blow me away, just decent sound.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ok, from what you have said, it is best to get 2 sets off stereo speakers (an amplifier will be needed for each set) and a set of 4 speakers with amplifier and CD/DVD/etc.

Then you get yourself something like a Niles VCSHUB8 8 Speaker Distribution Hub. It will take the input of the 8 stes of speakers, even though you will only be having 4 sets of speakers, if you go for the 2,2,2,2 system of stereo pairs.

Your other option is to get yourself a power amplifier with up to 8 outputs for speakers. The NAD CI9060 has 6 outputs for amplification, and the NAD CI19120 has 12 outputs for amplification. You will then need to hook the power amplifier to some sort of processor of your choice. A CD player could be wired as a processor to the amplifier...

Hope this helps
    Chris

3. a-vman

a-vman Member

Any decent receiver with 100 watts per channel will drive 4 pair of speakers. If you are wired for volume controls you'll need to get impedence matching controls. If your not wired for volume controls you'll need an impedence matching speaker selector. Several companies make some very affordable parts that will do what you need. For your volume controls or speaker selector try, Russound, or Knoll. For the receiver you should spend a little mor money and get the best you can afford.