1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME!! WITH Panasonic DVD recording TO PC

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by knight915, Oct 2, 2004.

1. knight915

knight915 Member

I really really need some help and would appreciate any help I can get! Okay here goes

1) I record video from my panasonic dvd recorder onto dvd-r

2) I put the dvd-r in my pc and I copy it to my hard drive where I get files ending in (.bup) (.ifo) and (.vob)

3) I convert the .vob to mpeg video using TMPGEnc.exe (TMPGEnc.exe only recognizes one of the .vob files) after conversion it only plays the first 15 seconds and stops.

4) I tried to rename the (.vob) file to (.mpg) and it still plays only the first 15 seconds

5) I tried using DVDshrink software to save it to my pc and then covert to mpeg using TMPGEnc.exe but it still does not work.

6) It only plays in full when I open it with my dvd playing software

7) I have also tried a few other dvd to mpeg2 converting software and get the SAME results

8) Bottom line is I want to back it up to mpeg2 (i believe mpeg2 is lossless quality, if there is something else with better quality please tell me)

8) I want it in mpeg2 so I can make beautiful dvd's of my home videos using dvd creation software

p.s. .avi file conversion also plays 15 seconds

WHAT DO I DO!!! Your Help Is greatly Appreciated

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Burn the disc to your HD using DVD Decrypter ...

... Then, if your OS is Windows XP, you're in the money because you have a neat program called Windows Movie Maker ... use it ...

... If you don't have Windows XP, more information is needed for an accurate answer ...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]                 [​IMG]       

. . . Of all the things in my life that I've lost . . . . . I miss my mind the most . . .[/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004