1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**HELP! ** Motorola i776 from boost mobile..anyone know how to get free ringtones?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by SMITH1131, Aug 26, 2009.

1. SMITH1131

SMITH1131 Member

Please help! I've looked nearly everywhere for free ringtones and such for my phone and so far I have nothing. Any ideas?

2. lilin82

lilin82 Member

Hey there if you have not figured out how to get ringtones for your i776 I have got it to work but the thing is I had to download 3 different programs to do it. Yeah its pain. You HAVE to have a Data Cable
    First you go here
    http://harrythompson.com/webjal.htm
    and follow the download steps

Then go to Download.com and download
    dBpoweramp Music Converter 13.2
    Directions:
    At The Top Where it says converting to....choose mp3(lame)....Set the target to CBR At 32kbps..select normal encoding and click on advanced....select 8khz and mono.

Then at Download.com and download
    Direct WAV MP3 Splitter 2.4 its only a 30day trial but I am making several at time for later.
    Make the selection you want to use no longer than 15 seconds.
    Its pretty easy to use but if you have any questions I dont mind helping.

After you have your ringtone ready open up IDEN WebJal connect your phone with a data cable. The ringtone should go right into your ringotnes folder.

I tried using a different mp3 splitter and for some reason the tone would only go into my media folder where you cant use it. Direct Wav is great.

Hope this helps. I had no problem had to figure it out on my own.