1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help mouse and keyboard frozen

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by vatsup69, Jun 15, 2007.

1. vatsup69

vatsup69 Guest

Hey everyone, i just installed Microsoft Vista Home Premium this morning and now the mouse and keyboard have stopped working. I have no clue what happened.this happened after my computer restarted after a Microsoft automatic update. I do not know what to do? Can anyone related or help me please. Oh ,by the way the keyboard and mouse works when the computer starts up. Is there anyway to restore computer to earlier time from the boot screen?

Please can anyone help me. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  2. Kuze

Kuze Member

What did you use to write this message? An on-screen keyboard?

And anyways, it's probably the drivers. Look and see if you can download the drivers for your products. Check and make sure theyre plugged in right and check your settings in control pannel(if you can). Also, something you should try is going to the properties of my computer and opening device manager and looking under human interface devices (and some other categories). If somethnigs wrong there, then you should know what you'll need to do.

And remember, Vista isn't perfect, just wait. Sooner or later Microsoft sohuld fix the bug.

3. vatsup69

vatsup69 Guest

thanks man i used my other computer to do this. lol onscreen keyboard.
    I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and after doing an update(it updated my old plugin keyboard's drive) this messed everything up. So i connected my old mouse by itself and somehow it worked. So i just system restored it before the update. lol. It took many forced shutdowns to figure out what was going on.

4. Kuze

Kuze Member

Well an on-screen keyboard is real, you can find it in accessories\accessibility. Glad to see your alright now ;)

5. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

yer good u used system restore i used it to take the passcode off my laptop
    also when ya dont have a keyboard the on-screen version rules