1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - movie not starting from the beginning!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Wooster, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Wooster

Wooster Guest

I follow the instructions given from Doom9's DVD9 to DVD5 Guide. After several weeks of research and experiment, I finally got it works. I ripped "40 Days and 40 Night" off the DVD and remux into DVD5 format. It plays back fine with subtitle and Dolby Digital sound. The only problem I have is it skips the first part of movie and went staight to the cell 2 (highlighted). Check the picture down below and see the final VTS_01_0.INFO content.

http://www.wooster.info/download/40.jpg

After troubleshooting, I assuming there is something wrong in the IFO file and should be a easy fix. Since I am not familiar with IFO structure, so I don't know where to start. Is there a way to make changes to IFO file and have it play from the beginning? Does it have anything to do with VIDEO_TS.IFO?

Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome. Thanks.

George

2. Wooster

Wooster Guest

Oh also I just read the DVD FAQ on this forum. It does mentions IFOEdit doesn't work with Windows XP. Could that be the problem to my issue? It seem works fine for me.

From the DVD FAQ:
    -----------------
    Q: IFOEdit doesn't work on my Win XP?!
    A: Yeah, life is tough, it doesn't. I recommend sticking with good old W2k.