1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! my LG HX906TX wont play Region 1&2 DVDs & also shows Bluray region mismatch.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by opskie, Jul 22, 2012.

1. opskie

opskie Member

i just bought the LG HX906TX 3D Bluray home theater, when i try to play my DVDs its keeps showing "check regional code" then ejects the disc, Also ive tried to play couple of my bluray discs but no luck all i get is a screen "showing me region code mismatch".
    Pls any help as regards unlocking code for region free operation or whatever will be much appreciated.
    Prior to buying this unit i checked the specs of this system on LG's website and it said the player supports ntsc & pal DVDs,

so i went ahead to buy the system cos thats just what i needed, on getting home to use the system the DVDs are not playing! so right now i feel like ive been ripped off again by LG.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Well unless I'm going blind according to the specs it will play NTSC or PAL but nowhere did I see it state anywhere what regions it would play.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. opskie

opskie Member

well to best of my knowledge i believe NTSC is region 1 and Pal is region 2. and the bluray region mismatch i find somewhat shocking cos i thought they said blurays are not region locked..

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

5. opskie

opskie Member

ok thanx for the tip, as regards the bluray issue i wont really bother much cos my ps3 plays most of the bluray discs in my library..
    i just need to get a fix for the dvd playback, i was told theres usually a remote key combination that can be used to unlock multiregion playback on most LG systems.. i can only hope there is one for this system.
    The LG HT806TQ i used to have actually plays all my DVDs from diff regions without a hitch, so i never expected this new one i bought to be region locked, this is just annoying...