1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP my mpeg2 dont fit on2 disc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by lushy79, Mar 20, 2005.

1. lushy79

lushy79 Member

hello there peeps :eek:)
    i just started making films i am having bother and getting no where first of all i have a few avi's in my computer, and then converted them into mpeg2. using xilisoft video convertor, im using powerproducer 2 gold. which can make vcds aswell svcd and vr...i notice when i put it to make a dvd.my mpeg2 is to big and wont fit. will i just turn my files into normal mpeg1 and burn them as a vcd. please help i would be very gratefull as my daughter would stop watching films on my pc :eek:)i want them off lol

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry, I can help you if you use our application. I've no clue with Xilisoft.
    The basic reason is simple: SVCD are VBR and you can make a 1600 MB mpeg, as well a 800 MB mpeg, with the same movie.
    Usually you observe the CD's length and, calculating a little plus due to authoring, set the bitrate according to the length, so the resulting mpeg-2 will come about 830 MB.
    I use TMPGenc to encode the mpeg-2, Nero to make the SVCD from the encoded mpeg-2 and FitCD to calculate the VBR setting, ax explained in http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2svcd_with_tmpgenc.cfm (read from the FitCD part above, avoid the DVD-ripping part and use 2 CDs for a <= 100' movie, avoid splitting a longer movie on 3 CDs).
    I hope I helped you and your daughter...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  3. lushy79

lushy79 Member

hello there thanx for takin the time to help i downloaded that program and tmpgenc and im finding it hard to work still. after i encoded it and saved it to my documents i tried to open it with shrink but the files were not opening up so that i could put it onto disc. is it mpeg files i should be downloading coz they are still to big to fit on my dvd+r disk it doesnt make sence coz the film is 699mb wen i first downloaded it. and then wen i encoded it changed it to mpeg its now 1.20gb. i even tried to burn it on nero but it says it doesnt support that file and wont open it up either :O( am i making sense lol or am i talking goblety gook xx