1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help my new (going to buy Canopus ADVC110) video converter

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by prissweb, Aug 1, 2007.

1. prissweb

prissweb Member

Hi guys, I have a question about TV tuner cards. I purchased a leadtek TV2000XP EXPERT seven months ago. I love the remote; the software isn’t too good, even with the upgrade from the leadtek site. I could live with the software if it wasn’t for two things. The reception is horrible, even with an antenna hooked up and on my roof, and finally the video quality is crap. (When I can get good reception and from vhs) I originally brought this because I wanted to convert my vhs tapes to divx files and to get rid of my TV since I had a 22” LCD.

I have since decided to buy a Canopus ADVC110 Digital Video Converter box. I am giving away my leadtek because I can’t bare it anymore. But I just noticed the ADVC110 dose not have a TV tuner built in.

Since I won’t have the leadtek anymore, is there any stand alone TV tuner I could buy for just watching TV? One without a converter I mean since it would be redundant to have two converters on one pc. And I really don’t want to bring the TV back in my room. Also, what’s the highest quality TV tuner card in terms if video quality

2. bergwald

bergwald Member

Hi priss, just did a search for the Canopus ADVC-110 on A/D and found your post. I want to backup my VHS collection to DVD and was curious what you think of the Canopus?

Daniel