1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - my TV won't stop changing channels!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bradgirl, Nov 5, 2007.

1. bradgirl

bradgirl Member

Have you ever heard of this before?

I have a Sony KDS-A2000 SXRD projection tv. We've had it about 5 months. We were watching it last night and everything was fine. This morning I turned the TV on using the remote. It began changing channels by itself and it won't stop! I can't even access the menu or anything because it keeps clicking away. It isn't the remote - we took the batteries out. The button on the TV isn't mashed in - I checked it. It must be something internal. We tried resetting the TV, but that had no effect. I'm going to call Sony once I get home from work, but I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of anything like this before? Any insight? Is it going to cost a lot to fix? Thanks!

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

IS IT YOUR CABLE BOX, ??? IS YOUR CABLE MENU AND CHANNEL SETTINGS GOING CRAZY, THEN UNPLUG YOUR CABLE BOX FROM THE TV, THATS WHATS CAUSING IT?

i do not recommend open up the tv, you probably had a free warranty,
    opening it will void this.

now the insurance that came with tv probably will cover fixing it.

The only thing I would suggest is to turn of the tv, unplug all appliances attached to it (cable box, dvd player, VCR, stereo...), then unplug the tv from it's power socket and let it sit for 1 hour. (We are refreshing the entire system by doing this operation). then turn on the tv if the channel switching has stopped then one by one attach each item back up to your tv and see which one (if any) were causing you trouble.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  3. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Prolly got a stuck button on the remote(s)

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you have a cable box connected then it's sending channels to the TV and you're not in the mode for receiving over the air broadcasts. So it's got to be the cable box. If no cable box, then it's probably the set. Can you watch a DVD? I'm with tripplite on this one.