1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help need please mpg to avi

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tiger13, Oct 16, 2010.

1. tiger13

tiger13 Member

I downloaded some videos off youtube of friends in mpeg2 format. then I realized they need to be in Avi format so I can crop them and put them on a dvd. I want to be able to play them on a dvd player, but right now the files are to0 large because they are in HD. I want to use AVI custom format to make them smaller, but I know nothing about what settings I should use for audio bitrate, video bitrate, frame rate etc. could someone please help me figure out the proper settings for best quailty? thanks

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/ Only used a couple of times for mkv to avi but great quality and fairly fast, free too. Audio bitrate around 192-224 should do, video bitrate-up to 9500 for DVD I think (around 6000 is usually all that you need) (bitrate = quality but also file size), frame rate - 25 for PAL (basically most of world except NA, Japan), 23.9 or 29.9 for NTSC (basically NA and Japan) but unless you have a DIVX capable player, avi only play on your pc unless encoded again, resolution - 720 x 576 (PAL), 720 x 480 (NTSC).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010