1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. Need to put 2-3 movies on a disk

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by MLSelders, Oct 20, 2012.

1. MLSelders

MLSelders Member

We're taking a trip with the kids and need to take some of their movies to keep them busy. So is there a program to put 2 to 3 movies on a disk and all I have to do is click on the movie title? Which program you suggest and what software do I need to make the disk?

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the only way you'd get more than 1 movie to fit on a disc is to rip them to mp4 or avi or compress them to the point where the quality would be terrible.dvd players with the divx logo support avi file playback.

i have put 2 movies on a disk that runs on a standard dvd player.what i did was rip them to avi using dvd fab then put them onto a dvd using dvdflick (dvdflick contains imgburn for burning).

3. attar

attar Senior member

In addition, in DVD Flick, if you want to cram more onto the disk, click 'Project Settings' > 'Video';change the target bit rate to the lowest setting, then click 'Advanced' and check the box for 'Half Horizontal Resolution'.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Wouldn't usually recommend paid software, but VSO ConvertXtoDVD.

5. MLSelders

MLSelders Member

Thanks for the information. I'll be looking up DVDflick to download. I haven't seen or heard of this one. I heard of DIVX now that you mention it. I've use CloneDVD Mobile to convert movies down to 1 1/2 GB for my IPAD. Do I need to convert the movie or will dvdflick do this for me? How will I know the best compression for two to three movies? It's for my kids anyway, as long as they see something the quality doesn't matter much. They will be using my travel DVD movie player to keep them busy.

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i use dvdfab to convert them to avi.if you have clone dvd mobile that will do the same thing.once the movies are compressed dvdflick will convert them to dvd format and put them on a disc to be played on a standard dvd player.

7. rhino1r

rhino1r Member

Handbrake is also good for converting. If you are using windows you my have to download some addition files from Microsoft but they are free. Also Archsoft's Media converter works great.