1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP needed - how to convert AVI + SRT into VCD file

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by argdawn, Apr 9, 2007.

1. argdawn

argdawn Member

Hi,

I have a 702MB avi video file with .srt subtitles. I would like to know the easiest way to convert it into a VCD file.

The result should be a VCD movie with subtitles incorporated. I use Nero for VCD convertion but it doesn't encode subtitles at authoring time.

Any help appreciated,

Thank u afterdawners

Sebastian.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

The size of the avi is irrelevant. Not sure why you mentioned it, although if it is a scene release you could infer something of the length by the fact that it isn't a 2CD release. If the avi is longer than 80mins then you can't convert it to a VCD. It would require 2 discs (if less than 160mins) or you could use a 99min CDR (if you can even still buy them and assuming players would recognise them).

Since Nero converts via dshow, it should autoload subtitles if they are named the same as the avi and you have autodirectvobsub installed. Otherwise you could write an AVISynth script, loading the avi, the subtitle and then resizing to VCD resolution (possibly with padding for overscan).

Thing is though that if you need 2 CD's then a single DVDR should be cheaper.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007