1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed regarding TMPGEnc!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by axdzrie, May 22, 2007.

1. axdzrie

axdzrie Member

I have some problems and questions about simple de-multiplexing. Some of my videos had problems de-multiplexing. I got to the Simple De-multiplex tab, and enter the Input file name, when I enter that into the field for input, the audio output is filled in but the video output appeared empty. After that I tried entering manually in the video output field and I get the message: "Illegal MPEG Video Stream". However, for some of the other videos, it work perfectly fine. Does anyone know the reason behind this? Please help me is anyone know why this is happening. Thanks in advance.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You said 'video' and I'm afraid that the video is not a MPG. TMPGenc's de-multiplexing is only for mpegs: use TMPGenc only if the video is MPG; if not, use VirtualDubMod.
    1) Open that file with VirtualDubMod:
    2) If the message 'parsing MPEG file' appears, the video it's a MPG; exit and use TMPGenc.
    3) If no message appears, once the movie has been opened, do Stream___Stream List --> DEMUX

3. axdzrie

axdzrie Member

oops..i forgot to mention that they are in mpg format..thats why i'm confuse about the problem about the de-multiplexing..so are there any other ways to solve this problem? thanks anyway for your suggestion, aldaco12

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Wobble-VCR too has a demultiplexer (Tools ---> MPEG System Multiplexer), but I'm afraid that the file might really be corrupt.

I'm afraid you'll have to solve that 'corruption' issue first. Now test if, for some reason, Womble's demultiplexer works even if TMPGenc's doesn't.
    Otherwise you'll need to find a sort-of 'mpeg fixer' (which, alas, I don't know).

Last edited: May 23, 2007