1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed using nero reloaded!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Fudgieboy, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Fudgieboy

Fudgieboy Member

Hello,
    I am new to this and my question might be simple for someone to answer?

I am having some difficulty using Nero reloaded to create DVD's from downloaded films. The problem is with the sound, when I convert the downloaded film to a DVD+RW and watch it on my DVD player the sound is fine for the first 5-10 mins of the film ,then slowly the sync drifts off and after approx 10 mins it is usually off by a second. This problem is very annoying and obviously spoils the watching of the film.

Is there a simple solution on how to fix this sound sync problem?

The films I download that I have problems with are Xvid usually?

Thank you for your help with this, very nice site btw.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Unfortunately, this may not be easy to fix, or even possible with Nero. Audio sync problems are very common when converting avi's to dvd format. To "fix" them, you have to "demux" (de-multiplex) or separately extract the audio and video from the avi before converting to mpeg2, and then use an editor that can create an mpeg2 (or VOB file) from the separate streams.

3. kchev

kchev Regular member

4. Fudgieboy

Fudgieboy Member

Hi guys
    I would like to thank you very much for your valuable advice, I downloaded the DivX to DVD converter as suggested and gave it a try and BINGO!!! sorted....Job's a good un!!!

Cheers again Kchev should make the mrs happier as now we dont have to try and lipread to figure out who is saying what!!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005