1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Bin files for Sega games

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jediashe, Jul 7, 2007.

1. jediashe

jediashe Guest

Hi everyone-
    I admit I am a newbie so please be patient with me.I just bought a sega dreamcast and a ton of games at a yard sale. After looking though the disk I found one that said Genisis roms. I looked at it on my pc and found a ton of roms with just bin files. There is also a grom.exe file.There is also a seperate folder with files such as title.dat and main.dat and 1stread.bin etc. Are these files that can be burned to a cd and played on the dreamcast? I saw that there is a utopia boot disk in the collection. Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

any bin files can be burnt to cd but don't know if the sega will read the burnt disk, the search button works wonders here also have you tryed it yet? the worst thing that could happen is you would be out one cd and what is that five cents, you also might do a google search and you might find something, also have you looked at any of the gammer forums yet? good luck, i did a google search and it took a whole 1.235 sec, and this is what i found Some releases are in BIN/CUE format, which is burnable with CDRWIN at http://www.goldenhawk.com. These CUE/BIN releases are not selfbootable and will require the Utopia Boot CD.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  3. jediashe

jediashe Guest

Hi- I did a serach but most talk about burning with bin and cue files. Which I have done before with backing up my pc games.
    But ther are no cue files attached. Also I am very confused about the other files on the disk. I;m sure that they have some signifinance but I dont know what... Thanks....

4. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

For pc, read the tutorial in sig.

5. jediashe

jediashe Guest

I dont understand these guides as for ISOs The files I have are Bin files without Cue files.....

6. jediashe

jediashe Guest

Hi- after searching all day on the web i was able to find a program to create a cue file. Which I did. Then I used Nero to create a cd image and I burned it to a cd-r. I used a utopia boot disk to start up teh game but it still would not load. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.. when I put it back into my computer to check to the disk no files were showing. I was going to try to reburn but nero said the disk was already used.
    Uder cd information it had a track 1 information...
    Please help!!!
    thanks

7. jediashe

jediashe Guest

Anyone?

8. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member