1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with choosing mods

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by zootfloot, Dec 2, 2004.

1. zootfloot

zootfloot Guest

Hi fellas,

I have an EMachines 420 (t2682 in the U.S) and i had it up to a reasonable level for what i was using it for....but now i want to start playing games such as medal of honour etc.

My problem is this, although i have a fair amount of RAM (1024 Mb) the processor is a Celeron 2.6 Ghz and i dont feel that what i have got will be sufficient to run graphics intensive games.

I would like to install a graphics card if this is possible, and would also consider a better processor if that is what is required.

I cannot find any info about the compatibility of a graphics card with my motherboard so any help would be appreciated.

Emachines 420 (t2682 U.S)
    Celeron 2.6 Ghz
    1024 Mb Ram
    seagate 80Gb 7200 rpm Hardrive
    Pioneer 107-d dvd re-writer
    XP home service pack 2

2. zootfloot

zootfloot Guest

sorry forgot to add that the motherboard is a trigem IM845GL

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Have you tried runnung the game and seeing if you get lagg or tracers

I love "Medal of Honor" series But in my opinion "Call of Duty" series is way better.

4. zootfloot

zootfloot Guest

Yeah i have tried some games such as need for speed underground which is quite intensive graphically and i get a lot of slowing down...blocking etc.

The main thing is trying to find out if i can use a graphics card with my mobo.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i downloaded your manual & you have only 3 pci slots no agp, how much ram is assigned to the onboard video & what version of directx are you using??

6. zootfloot

zootfloot Guest

im not sure...so any help finding those things out would be appreciated.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

goto run & type dxdiag than enter. in the middle near the bottom will tell what version running of directx & tab near top left corner click display, left side box tells you what video card & ram using & right side is driver version. check this link for possible newer video driver but also check with intel just in case of newer tha this one http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socket478/imperial_downloads.htm

8. zootfloot

zootfloot Guest

thanks verymuch i will look into that.