1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Divx for an absolute beginner!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by clairtoon, May 24, 2007.

1. clairtoon

clairtoon Member

Hello there,

I really hope some of you can answer my questions, im a complete beginner to all of this so i apologise if these questions come across as dumb!

I have a Divx dvd player and the Nero programme. I KIND OF understand how to download things from Torrents although i havent personally tried this yet! My questions are:

1) Is the process for using torrents difficult and how long would it take to download say an episode of a TV programme?

2) What is the process for putting this onto a dvd to watch on my Divx player and also is it difficult to put a few episodes onto one disc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks again

2. attar

attar Senior member

I use uTorrent and it's quite simple to use once installed, note however that if you are using a router it gets more involved
    Once the software is running you can use it to search for the episode, note the number of people who are actively 'seeding' and after a time you will know how long to D/L.

Some popular episodes D/L in a couple of hours while Gigabytes of whole series might take a couple of weeks it depends on how fast your connection is.

Note that if one huge file contains one episode that you need , you can opt to not download the others.

Once downloaded, if it is in the format that your player can handle, then the file is simply copied to a DVD as a data file with no conversion.
    In Nero you would elect to make a 'DVD Data Disk' then add the files as required.