1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ginaslove, Nov 29, 2002.

1. ginaslove

ginaslove Guest

i am trying to copy my original dvd i read the guide for dvddecryptor and it seemed quite good and pretty easy to understand
    it read the disk ok but then when i go to write it i cant and it keeps saying disk is not formatted
    this is the 1st ever try i've had at copying dvd's and wondered whether i have missed something or i am just stupid
    i dont have a clue what disk formatting has to do with it .i thought you only format floppy disks
    FIY -- i am using windows xp with a compaq dvd writer and using memorex dvd-rw's
    any help will be really appreciated. thanks

2. ginaslove

ginaslove Guest

sorry my mistake using dvd+rw's

3. harvey713

harvey713 Member

When using a new re-writable disc, whether +R or -R, you're supposed to do a full erase (format)of the disc to prepare it to be copied to.

4. Ratino

Ratino Member

do not use dvdrw usse dvdr's much better less problems

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

ginaslove,

I understand your choice using a RW, less to lose when you make a mistake - right click on the disc to format -

My recommendation for first timers is DVDShrink.
    Once you have your media corrected, you might give Shrink a shot - it does everything in a single program, it rips your DVD, allows you to remove foreign languages, trailers etc with just a check mark in a box. It also handles file compression allowing you to put a standard DVD -(the most common DVD movie) on a single DVD disc.

Best of all - the guides are really simple and almost foolproof - check out this link -

A complete DVDShrink program download and step-by-step guide can be downloaded from –
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/DVD_Shrink_v3_beta5.htm

"P"