1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by leanne45, Mar 28, 2004.

1. leanne45

leanne45 Member

this is probably something quite simple...but not being very technically minded i can't work it out ...so i'm hoping someone will be kind enough to try and help.....i used to be able to watch dvd's with no problems on my pc....then after a virus got into my system i had to take everything off the pc....once everything was re-installed i found i can't play them anymore...the media players simply don't recognise that there is a dvd in the drive...it tells me to put a disc into the drive when it's already there...there are two cd drives and the same happens with both...yet it recognises and plays audio cd's no problem...thanks for taking the time to read..leanne xx...(i would be grateful if replies are not too technically worded!..thanks!)

2. Tanksta

Tanksta Regular member

Use Power DVD that should play it. Windows Media Player isn't very good at playing dvds but make sure all file types are cheacked in Windows Media Player go to tools -----> options -----> file types and select all those espically dvd video and video file.

Hope this helps

3. DOBERMAN1

DOBERMAN1 Member

Try to go on dveice menager in cotrol panel
    in the ide/ata. . . Controlers
    right clik on primary ide chanel
    propertis
    advance setings
    it should be "dma"
    if not put it
    if it is try to put "pio"
    if that not works try to update drivers
    and download new frimeware for your drive

i hope i`ll helpful
    p. S.
    sory for bad english.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  4. gotisos

gotisos Guest

try the above first, if that does not work, right click on drive, then go to properties, and set the dvd region. If you don't have the region set, it may not be recognizing ur disk

5. philip51

philip51 Guest

if none of the above works, try re-installing the aspii drivers. they're easy to find on the net.

6. leanne45

leanne45 Member

thanks guys...nothing has worked...and the last thread got too complex for me...there were so many choices to install i didn't know what to do...also the cd rom won't burn discs for me anymore :( but thanks for trying everyone...much love...leanne xx

7. philip51

philip51 Guest

sorry i wasn't a bit clearer i was in a hurry. a similar thing happened with me and i had to install aspi drivers, you can get them here http://download.com.com/3000-2098-10219041.html. You could also try re-installing your software player or try a progam like anydvd, i think theres a link to that from the software section of this site. good luck.