1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by chainz, Apr 13, 2005.

1. chainz

chainz Guest

I want to use adobe encore dvd to make dvd's from avi files and make my own menus and stuff with photoshop. After trying to import avi's into encore dvd, I get an error saying that they have to be a certain size. What program is best for resizing them so I can then put them into encore dvd.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Encore is a great program for authoring DVDs. They must be in either AVI, MPEG1, or MPEG2 format at 720X480 resoultion at 29.97fps. (provided you are in the US. If in the UK its 25). Try VirtualDub, and we have many others that will work, give the software section a scan through.

3. chainz

chainz Guest

I used TMPGEnc to encode the 46 minute, 150 meg AVI into mpeg and it came out 1.5 Gig! What would your choice be?

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

that sounds about right. your AVI file probably was 240 X 320, and also probably had a codec in it, to reduce filesize. your DVD can hold up to 2 hours of HQ footage, so 1.5GB mpeg2 for 46 minutes sounds correct. if thats all you're putting on the DVD than just use that file.

5. chainz

chainz Guest

With VirtualDub, What should I use for saving the video for compressing mode and video mode? I want to add a number of video files and make a dvd.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2005
  6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

You can just use TMPGEnc if you want, I forgot it encodes AVIs as well. Just lower the bitrate so your file will be smaller, but don't lower it too much or your video won't turn out very well.