1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help nero 7 essentials

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rlg5, Jan 30, 2008.

1. rlg5

rlg5 Member

Hi im at my witsend OK im running vista basic 1 gig of memory, fierfox ,my problem is when i woke up this morning went use my machine and there were poppups (or error boxes) windows explpoer has stopped working windows is checking for solutions to the problem , next windows is restarting,these boxes keep repeating over and over my machine wont do anything , have had this problem a little before and the problem came back to nero, im useing the disc that came with my new pioneer dvd burner(dvr-x122)but now i cant even use my machine at all (im on my old back-up)anyone can help me? i really dont want to have to reinstall my operating system ( read about ten pages in the forum and didnt see anything like this couldnt read all of em ) please !!!oh yeah the disk say's only ner essentials

2. rlg5

rlg5 Member

also i get a message thatwindows host process has stopped working (rundll32)or rund11

3. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

rlg5
    how about a system restore?
    you can remove the nero program. there are other free burning apps out.
    have you did any virus or spyware removable lately?

4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

rlg5,
    Acquire Hijackthis and fix the following items. Make sure all other windows are closed.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6E9C0BB7-3D01-4C90-8D68-EDF048258CF0} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dndk.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll,DllInstall

O16 - DPF: {22A88341-AFCB-45F0-A856-C2BAE74F878E} - http://www.20x2p.com/2c147547/enter.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/act...l_v1-0-3-18.cab
    O18 - Filter: text/html - {05A749C9-D805-4E3C-B2E6-691D72A98DFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dndk.dll
    O18 - Filter: text/plain - {05A749C9-D805-4E3C-B2E6-691D72A98DFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dndk.dll

I don't know how different it is going to be with you since you're running Vista. But in Windows XP, you need to show hidden files and folders by default. To do this, go to Start, Search, under "More advanced search options" make sure there is a check mark by "Search System Folders", "Search hidden files and folders" and "Search system subfolders". Next click on My Computer. Go to Tools, Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Additionally, uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extensions for known file types". Now, click "Apply to all folders". Next, click "Apply" then "OK".
    Now, boot your PC into safe mode, and delete this file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dndk.dll. Finally, run CCleaner.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008