1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Nero DVD file sizes appearing 3x larger than they actually are

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by poosee, Dec 19, 2010.

1. poosee

poosee Member

Hi. I've gotten a lot of computer answers from here, but have never actually posted until now. I'm having issues with Nero that I don't understand. I thought it would be a nice idea to burn my entire Three Stooges collection for a family member for Christmas. So I added the files to Nero Vision 4 (which is what I'm running), and I noticed that as the files were being added, they were loading with extremely high mb's. Much higher than they actually are. I added three files totalling 450mb, and they were appearing in nero as almost 2.5gb, under the standard play setting. Under the Super Long Play setting, they are still showing a little over 1gb. At 450mb's, they should not exceed 0.5gb, but are showing close to 4 times that amount under normal play. At this rate, it's gonna take me over 30 4.7 dvd's to make these, and it's retarded to be able to only put 4 episodes per disc without sacrificing quality, when I should be able to hold at least 15. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thanks

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

running time.. dvd's are mpeg2 .. what format are the files you are trying to add.. avi?

3. poosee

poosee Member

Ya they're Avi files. Showing up as 149mb's a piece, before adding them to Nero Vision 4. Runing time is around 17 minutes a piece.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010