1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Nero Is Driving Me Nuts.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by guilmon3, Jan 22, 2005.

1. guilmon3

guilmon3 Guest

Hi. This is my first time here so this will be my first question. I'm using Nero Express 6. Each time I try to convert an avi file into a VCD, the graphics seems to be a lot faster than the audio.
    I have introduction music on even after the movie starts. The timing is totally not right. Characters speaking but no sound and than sound popping out when it shouldn't have.
    I've repeatedly tried it but converting it seems hopeless. Can anyone help me out? What do I have to do to straighten up the timing of the video?
    By the way, I've checked the audio timing with the original file and its accurate. The problem should be the graphics.
    I would be really grateful if anyone could help me out here. Thanks.

2. jasonhlv

jasonhlv Member

I am having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Nero is well Known for useing one of the Crappiest Encoders ever created so you should not use to to Convert your Files...Try "Tmpgenc Xpress" as it is a Much Better encoder...

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I agree. [bold]Never use Nero for movie encoding!![/bold] There's plenty of good encoders available (TMPGenc, Cucusoft...)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  5. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

@Minion and aldaco12

Encoding in NVE Version 3 is much improved, at least for dvd encoding. Since I don't do VCD's, I cannot speak to how well (or not) NVE does those. However, even TMPGENC is known to have problems with audio sync. Isn't the normal recommendation to extract the audio stream if one is having sync problems with avi's? I concede that that is a task likely beyond NVE's capabilities.

But for dvd encoding, I don't think you guys give NVE the credit it deserves for the improvements in version 3. That's just my opinion.

For another opinion:

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I agree with U for Nero. If you like it, it will have become better...
    But TMPGenc gives problems only if there's an improper VBR encoding in the sound of an AVI (which VirtualDub may detect and that can be solved easily extrcting the sound as full uncompressed WAV).
    Bye

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005