1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Help] Nero settings for DVD compilation

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DVMaster, Nov 19, 2004.

1. DVMaster

DVMaster Member

Just got a burner and are backing up a large amount of folders/files (4.5GB) onto a DVD. What is the correct setting for general file backup?

1. File system
    2. File name length(ISO)
    3. Character set(ISO)
    4. Relax restrictions

What do I need to change from these fields?

I read somewhere that if using ISO you can only burn 2.2GB. I don't know if this is true. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Using the ISO mode to burn a data DVD is fine as long as you only check the box for 64 characters joliet - leave the others blank so you don't relax any ISO restrictions. Also make sure you do not use multisession.

3. DVMaster

DVMaster Member

This is what gets me confused. I have many folder names that have more than 11 characters. In the File name lenght(ISO) drop down menu do I select the seconds option or leave it on the first? And then what does Allow more than 64 characters for Joliet names do?

Also what does the Allow 255 characters in path apply to?

Is multi-session not supported on DVD-R's?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Don't worry about it. ISO is just a computer standard. There should not be any problems burning your folders. Multisession is supported in DVD burning but sometimes there are problems with accessing each file. The only reason for using multisession is if you want to do another burn at a later date on the part of the disc that hasn't been used. However if you do this all data you originally burnt will be lost, so there is not much point in burning a multisession disc.